Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

points of interest from dc to new england?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• points of interest from dc to new england?

i'm driving from DC to new london NH, so basically 95 and 91 north. any cool things to see along the way? willing to travel off the highway quite a bit for anything worth it. i have no ETA to stick with, so any ideas would be great. factory tours, monuments, amazing views, concerts, events, anything, etc. doesn't have to be fishing related at all, but i will have a rod with me....and a warden, so don't know if that will be used, but if i did, it would be on the way back. i'll have an ipad on the way and can check new ideas on the drive. leaving tomorrow morn. i plan on renting a hobie in nh and doing some fresh water fishing, so hopefully i;ll have some reports. might even check out the coast on the way back. tight lines
    sigpic

have fun and good luck.
    Cliff Williams
    Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I have a whole bunch! But just to start, at the top of the list if you get into New York is McSorley's Ale House oldest bar in New York with a unique history and hundred year old dust. Ask the bartenders what it's all about you'll be amazed! www.mcsorleysnewyork.com. For fishing I'd also swing off to Crane Beach in Ipswich Mass for some good summer surf casting to stripers. Don't forget to swing by White Manna in Hackensack, New Jersey for the best sliders of your life. Just to get you started...
      www.anglerswithoutborders.com
      Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

^just ate at white manna! Awesome sliders! This place was on diners, drive ins, and dives apparantly. Thanks for the tip!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X