Severn River 7/7 Hot Hot Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River 7/7 Hot Hot Hot

Launched from Jonas around 7:30 this morning with my new yak to test it out. I added a seat rear facing so my daughter can fish with me. All I can say is Hobie is the way to go for fishing. I will never buy anything else going forward.

Anyway, we fished under the bridge for shade and caught a 2 small rockfish and a couple of perch. The rockfish are mostly 10" size and perch are about 10 - 12" size.

But it's just way too hot to fish today so we called it a day around 11.

The only problem is the Yak is 50% heavier than my previous one. It was tough to load and unload on top of the mini van. I will need to find a trailer but not sure I want to fork out $1,500 for one. Any suggestion for cheaper alternative?

David
    Attached Files
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

My kayak is not as heavy as a Pro Angler. However, it is still a 14' sit on top. For any destination of less than 40 mins from home, I fold down the second row of seat in my Honda Odyssey minivan, put a rubber mat on top, then slide the kayak in. I can tie it off easily on two brackets in the rear section of the van. It is very easy to load and unload. I also have Thule carriers that mount on the roof rack for longer trips.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Adapt a cheap boat trailer, seedoo trailer, or a cheap Harbor Freight trailer couple hundred bucks

Comment

Rhino T Loader
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTsmZ5SomIE

I use it and love it.
        Cliff Williams
        Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

thanks guys for the suggestions. Will look into it see what's best for me.

Comment

that rhino t loader looks great better than a trailer because it saves a ton of cash when going through tolls and a lot of ramps are car top free to launch

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
              that rhino t loader looks great better than a trailer because it saves a ton of cash when going through tolls and a lot of ramps are car top free to launch
              This is what I am leaning toward to right now or just chuck it inside the van. Will try it out once I get back from my vacation.

Comment

Working...
              X