NuCanoe Frontier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NuCanoe Frontier?

All - Anyone have a NuCanoe Fronteir and what do you think of it?

I am looking at the NuCanoe Fronteir as a possible first Kayak style boat.

I am looking for something I can fish or paddle on by myself but also be able to take my daughter out on as well.

If anyone has one of these, I'd love to hear what you think!

Thank you!

Hey there, welcome tothe site.

I have a Nucanoe 10 and I like it. It is a beast to move around on land but I can stand in it and it tracks well. I use it in Pohick Bay quite often. I plan to take my 5 year old nephew out in a few weeks to see how it works with the 2 of us fishing on it.

I use my Hobie Outback if I plan on covering any type of distance.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

How is it paddling around on your own? Slow mover or decent? Any feedback at all on the overall quality and ease of use of the NuCanoe is appreciated!

Thanks!

Comment

Moves along well in the water. I sit in the rear seating position since my paddle would always hit the sides of the kayak when I sat in the middle. The construction is good. No hull access on mine but I think they have started to put hatchesin someof thier new kayaks. I only have 1 rod holder rigged on mine but plentyof flat space to rig what ever you want.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member

Comment

How is it for general Bay Fishing, Jim? All around boat or strictly calm waters? Self rescue? self bailing?
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I don't think I would take it out on the by simply because ie is so big. I think mine is 38" wide and 10' long. It has a very flat bottom more skiff like then kayak. I am sure you will not find a more stable kayak for calm water but I have not been in any type of wave action on it.

It does not have scupper holes so you will need a sponge to get the water out. As far as self recue, if it is upside down you may have a problem getting back over. It is a wide beast. If you just fell in, you could climb all over it and it won't flip back on you.

I don't know if you could flip it all the way over to be honest.
            Jim

Hobie Outback
            TKAA member

Comment

Thanks for the input Jim!

I found a few videos on nucanoes website, showing the boat in a variety of settings. Flat calm, surf, small rapids, to 3 guys jumping up and down in one, all kinds of scenarios. It all looks impressive to me, but what do any of you experienced yakkers think? Take a look below...

http://www.nucanoe.com/videos/

Thanks all in advance, hope to be fishing with y'all soon!

Comment

Working...
              X