Evening trip to Herring Bay tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening trip to Herring Bay tonight

This evening will be my last chance to fish for the next couple of weeks so I will be launching from Rose Haven Park at around 6:30 this evening if anyone wants to join me. The perch fishing should be great again and the bigger stripers move in as the sun hits the tree tops.

nay_sayer i might join you if i can get off work on time, I'm about an hour away. What kind of bait/tackle do i need to bring? And i would have to meet you somewere as im not familiar with the area.
    Richard
    Yellow Hobie PA12

Comment

Originally posted by creolo25 View Post
      nay_sayer i might join you if i can get off work on time, I'm about an hour away. What kind of bait/tackle do i need to bring? And i would have to meet you somewere as im not familiar with the area.
      Right on! Bloodworms or Fishbites on a bottom rig with a 1 oz bank sinker work well. I use small spinnerbaits and 1/8 oz marabou jigs most of the time. Chartreuse or Fl. Green are my go-to colors for that area. I'll PM you my number, just call for directions or we can meet somewhere.

Comment

Thank’s for letting me tag along nay_sayer, had a great time on the water yesterday evening. Caught my first striper on the kayak, Met Metroman and Mytmouse, caught my biggest WP since being in MD. It was great meeting you guys, thanks for sharing some knowledge and lures. Can’t wait to get back out on the water.
        Richard
        Yellow Hobie PA12

Comment

Fun times indeed. A little bit rougher than anticipated, but great being out at night nonetheless. I drifted a perch rig that I purchased at at flea market earlier this year. The bottom of the rig is a painted 2oz inline sinker. The bottom of the sinker it rigged with hair & a hook. About 12" above the sinker is a dropper fly/teaser. My perch came on the teaser. Caught a baby flounder and a 12" striper on a bottom rig with gulp bloodworm.

Came home with 4 decent size WP, two of which were caught by mytmouse.
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Last night was a bit rough but fun none-the-less. It was great to meet you creolo25 and it was great to see Mytmouse out on the water. The best part was seeing Metroman paddle! He is the paddle whisperer. I would usually talk about the fish I caught at this point but they were not worth discussing. I did have so much water in my seat/footwell area at one point that the 3 small spot I was keeping to liveline with were happily swimming around my legs.

Comment

haha! f*ck paddling!

Comment

.......... John ......... stop gettin freeky with the spot ......... it ain't right man .........

Comment

...goes to show you. I was on my way out the door looking to fish last night and thought about opening the laptop, logging on and seeing whether or not anybody was out. Herring bay is a good spot for me. To anxious to get going and left the house before looking on the forum. I ended up launching from Jonas Green and fished the docks to the left passed the bridge. Perchapalusa. Most came from one or two pylons out from the shoreline in about 2'. Trolled around with a jigkead and 3" gulp with no results. Chop was rougher than I expected. Saw the Marine police or DNR or whomever checks the license/creel sizes walking the shoreline around the bridge looking for violations.

I did not see another kayaker on the water.

Comment

Myt & I were originally going to go to Jonas before we talked to Nay_sayer.

Comment

Mango i was out at jones green last night also but i was fishing the bridge for rock fish did fairly well with about 15 of then between 10 to 16 in and one that was about 20 in . I seen you working the peirs to the left but quickley lost sight of you i was going to paddle over and introduse my self.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It was fun out there as always... I'll definitely have to make my way down there soon! The wind was kicking up some nice sized swells! I had a few crash over the side of the yak. Fishing was slow like the others said... but man I can't say enough about that Bunker spoon/fly combo. I am gonna be making an order soon for some heavier ones. I couldn't get to the bottom quick enough with the 3/4 oz before drifting off of it... oh maybe if I would packed my anchor... GRRRRR. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by donkey fish View Post
                          Mango i was out at jones green last night also but i was fishing the bridge for rock fish did fairly well with about 15 of then between 10 to 16 in and one that was about 20 in . I seen you working the peirs to the left but quickley lost sight of you i was going to paddle over and introduse my self. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3839[/ATTACH]
                          good job on that rock! I played around the bridge but drifted quickly so i thought the shore might offer more protection. I have a lot to learn about that area. Next time, we can hook up.

Comment

Originally posted by donkey fish View Post
                            Mango i was out at jones green last night also but i was fishing the bridge for rock fish did fairly well with about 15 of then between 10 to 16 in and one that was about 20 in . I seen you working the peirs to the left but quickley lost sight of you i was going to paddle over and introduse my self. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3839[/ATTACH]
                            good job on that rock! I played around the bridge but drifted quickly so i thought the shore might offer more protection. I have a lot to learn about that area. Next time, we can hook up.

Comment

Working...
                            X