Fishing near Lewes/Rehoboth in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing near Lewes/Rehoboth in July

I'm headed to a vacation house in Millsboro and debating whether or not to take the yak with me. Any suggestions for good summer yakfishing in Delaware?
    Hobie Revolution

indian river inlet, aka IRI
    sigpic

Comment

Roosavelt Inlet or cape henlopen state park at the pier. unless your a big strong boy that likes to dodge boats id stay away from IRI

Comment

me and a friend were over at cape henlopen last weekend. we fished the pier during the middle of the day, but it was only a bunch of really small croaker and some people caught some undersized flounder. Supposedly a few people pulled up some 21" flounder earlier in the week, so we decided to yak a bit. we fished the broken part of the pier and only caught 1 16" flouder and 2 toad fish. but we had a good amount of bites, but they must have been small. bucktails with 4" gulp shrimp worked got the bites. I guess if we used a smaller shrimp we would have caught more, since they kept biting the tail. We also fished the inner wall near the light house, and something bit the tail off my gulp shrimp. Never found out what it was, but that was the only bite we got there.

Comment

Working...
        X