Anyone with a down-imaging sonar fishing the Mattawoman M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with a down-imaging sonar fishing the Mattawoman M&G

I lost one of my favorite rods in the Mattawoman last night, so I thought a down-imaging sonar might pick it up since it should contrast well against the weeds? Does anyone fishing on Saturday have one of those? I'll bring the treble hooks and reward beverages.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

that would be sweet if it works to find it. do you know where it was lost? sorry i dont have one to help, but best of luck!
    sigpic

Comment

I have one and I'm planning on going Saturday, don't know if it will work but it's worth a shot. You know the location where you lost it?
      Richard
      Yellow Hobie PA12

Comment

........ Oh good ......... I need a new rod ......... what model is reel ........... see if I can see it on the side imaging ............ Thanks guy ........

Comment

Yeah, I've got the coordinates for where I realized it was missing, and I probably lost it slightly upstream of that point. I've got my cruise track, so I can send you guys the numbers. It was on the inside of a river bend over some hydrilla, so I'm hoping the tides didn't move it much. I know it's a long shot, but a few minutes for a couple passes over the area won't hurt. Plus, playing with a down imaging sonar is always fun. Who knows what you'll see. I'll send you guys some numbers tonight or tomorrow.

Rick--It's either a Sahara or Symetre 2500. I had to swap some reels around before the trip because I sent a few back to Shimano to be service, so I can't remember what I ended up putting on it. Tell you what, I'll buy you the rod's weight in beer. That's an equivalent exchange, right?
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
          X