Maryland...launch sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland...launch sites

Hello everyone...I am new to kayak fishing. I am gong to finally wet my kayak today and hopefully slime it. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for launching my kayak. I am in Harford Co....and looking to go in the ole susky....anyone wanta point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Jeff

welcome, check the MD DNR web site for ramp locations all state ramps are listed by county

Comment

Welcome, here is link for all the public launch sites in Maryland. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/boatramps.asp

I usually will check out a site with Google Earth to get an idea of how feasible it will be to launch from, especially soft launches without a ramp.
      Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Yeah, definitely check out the above MD-DNR web site. Once you click on the Harford County map be sure to click on the Havre de Grace Insert. Most of the ramps are free for kayaks and canoes. Not sure about Lapidum ramp though, might have to pay there. Others may know for sure. City Yacht Basin is a ideal launch to access the Susky Flats during the spring C&R striper season, free too for cartops.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Here's a pretty thorough launch site list including surrounding states and DC http://saki.iwarp.com/launch_sites.html#Fourteen

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
            Yeah, definitely check out the above MD-DNR web site. Once you click on the Harford County map be sure to click on the Havre de Grace Insert. Most of the ramps are free for kayaks and canoes. Not sure about Lapidum ramp though, might have to pay there. Others may know for sure. City Yacht Basin is a ideal launch to access the Susky Flats during the spring C&R striper season, free too for cartops.
            The Lapidum ramp does have a parking fee for cars without trailers as well. I think the fee is 5.00, still better then the 10.00 or so they charge to launch a trailer.
            Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Working...
            X