No announcement yet.

Sebt 11th Meet and Greet - All Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry i didnt make it, i had something come up friday night. the kayak was already loaded too! didnt make it out at all. thanks for the pictures and seems like you guys had fun. how were you all fishing?
    sigpic

Comment

Great time and great meeting up with you guys again. And some for the first time. Many thanks to Bryan for being "ringleader", captain, main volunteer, etc. to put this together. Crab sandwiches were awesome!

More pics attached... Getting ready, getting out there, out there, beautiful day on the water, plane buzzing around.

Looking forward to the next one!
      Attached Files

Comment

Couple more pics...

In case you wanted to move in, some of the guys' rides and Bryan was kind enough to bring some demo yaks from Easton Cycle & Sports that guys could try out. I think it was a Hobie Outback, Ocean Kayak Trident and Torque. Pretty cool to try out different kayaks. Thanks Bryan!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
          sorry i didnt make it, i had something come up friday night. the kayak was already loaded too! didnt make it out at all. thanks for the pictures and seems like you guys had fun. how were you all fishing?
          started out with topwater popper around the rip rap then went to 5' diving rapella with no hits then tried a rooster tail, nothing so went to old stand-by, bw on top/bottom that produced spot, wp and a rock

Comment

thanks for the info. did you guys all stay together? mostly stay in shallow water near the shore or anyone wonder tot he main bay, etc?

tell me more about the kayaks demoed there...

i'm so sad i wasnt able to join you guys, let alone fish the entire weekend. was looking so forward to it.
            sigpic

Comment

Myself and a couple other guys headed south towards the head of the bay and open / deeper water. Fished everything from the shallow rip rap to the channel with only some spot and white pech to show for it. Live lined spot out deeper in the channel and lost half a spot, probably to a blue, but that was it. Also tried trolling a buck tail and rattlin rap through the channel on the way back without any action. Thinking I should have headed towards Poplar Island instead, next time maybe. Beautiful day on the water. Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

I believe all of us except Mmanolis stayed on the Choptank side he headed out toward Poplar went about 1/2 way. Sam had the best luck with bloodworms in 3-4' of water up toward Knapps Narrow's. Heard from one of the charter boat Captain's as we were coming out of the water that the best fishing was probably along the rocks in shallow water, rockfish are up in there eating soft crabs. Will bring some peelers and try along the shore next time I head out to Tilghman.

A couple guys tried the demo kayak's. After getting on the forum reading questions from newbee's about which kayak's would be best for fishing I had asked the shop here in Easton if we could borrow a couple kayak's for people to try if they wanted. Ryan also offered to host a kayak rigging/fishing technique M&G this winter and/or a fishing tournament next spring. Not sure how far MKF wants to go with things like this, but seems to be some opportunities out there for members of the forum and to get new kayak fisherman involved.

Comment

I first tried all the docks around the launch site and made my way to the cut. Nada perch. I tried the trusty beetle spin combo with a 2" grub and a plain 2" grub. I think i got 1 hit short.

I was able to catch some spot drifting and jigging the cut. They were hitting a gulp mullet. Go figure.

As easton said i went thru the cut and got half way to Poplar island. Way further than i expected and the chop was kicking up so i drifted and jigged the channel out there in 12 - 16 ft of water for 30 mins with nothing to show.

I made my way back to the river side later in the 12 - 14ft area and drifted some squid strips along the bottom in hopes of a croaker or flounder. I had some small taps (probably spot) but no takers.

It was a beautiful day out there. Perfect weather.

Comment

I fished mainly the river around the launch point and a little south towards the point, tried top water, swim jigs and spoons with no luck, not much on live bait but the gentleman in the blue Hobie(sorry forgot name already) gave me a bloodworm which resulted in a white perch around the rocks, had fun playing chicken with the commercial crabbers. Had a great time, that's what counts. Can't wait until the next one hopefully at CHSP.
                    Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                    LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

I was looking for deeper water and worked the channel almost to the southern end of the island. Got one good hit in 12-14' on a gulp tipped bucktail that I thought was a flounder but he came loose pretty quick. Couple other bites on the bottom rig but no hookups. I hung around with Bryan (eastonkayaker) a bit since I was out in my "new" used Revo which is completely unrigged. Bryan had a depth finder so was getting updates from him a couple times. Lots of spearing on the surface. An occasional breaker but nothing concentrated. Trolled a bit, too but no joy.

Also, tons of moon jellies. Anybody else notice them? So thick in some spots they discolored the water!

Comment

How'd you like the new to you Hobie???
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          How'd you like the new to you Hobie???
                          It was great! Definitely a different feel from the Drifter but my range is extended for sure. Never would have ventured as far paddling. 20 years ago, sure but not now. Hands free trolling is very nice as well. Could crack a beer if I wanted and not lose momentum!

Comment

awesome report and pics guys...looks like everyone had a blast. hope to meet everyone at the next meet and greet.
                            Hobie Revolution 13
                            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

those moon jellys were tuff to get off my rig, i need to make up a sqeeze bottle with some white vinagar to kill the sting

Comment

Working...
                              X