No announcement yet.

tip for you new guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you made it back too. I bet that has you thinking about the Hobie sail kit!
    Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
      Check the weather everytime. Got caught out at the bay bridge today. It was fun. Usna reported 35mph thomas point reported 30mph and patapsco bouy reported 51mph... pictures to follow of the 1-2 footers INSIDE of hemmingways marina.
      So, other than a little bit of a breeze out there, how was the fishing?
      Keith Romanowski
      Red Hobie Outback

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay! Those pictures look nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by yakersaltlife View Post
          I have this one http://www.basspro.com/Standard-Hori...10210160/93423 and like it a lot. I have not gotten it wet yet, so I don't know if what ictalurus is saying will happen if it does or not. I really liked that it was rechargeable, which I guess most are, but the battery last a long time if you are just listening on it. Don't know the drainage of it if you were transmitting.
          I have the ICom M-24- nice radio- had it over a year- no issues- and it has gotten wet a bunch of times
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

WOW glad u got out of that ok. i checked the weather last friday night and it was a chance of t-storms in the afternoon so went to the coke with medicyaker and launched it was looking iffy for a while then i saw cloud bursts to the south and thought they were passing by which they did. i forgot my vhf at home so it didnt help i just kept checking the sky and sure enough it was getting darker to the west and i told myself that this ones not going to pass by started to head in, hated to go because i was in a feeding frenzy of little rock which were a lot of fun but it was time to go. got back and up the ramp and the sky opend up with rain and lightning but the lightinng wat further north just some wind and a lot of rain. kinda erie sitting in the middle of eastern bay watching the cloud bursts with no one else around 6" off the water.

Comment

Working...
            X