Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Area Group - Harford County is up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Area Group - Harford County is up!

Hey everyone, I had an idea and I ran with it, hopefully others will follow suit here. I set up a new group for Harford County locals! Name says it all. Locals to Harford county. This is to help us know where we all are, and to help make it a little easier to socialize and meet up.

If someone set up a group for each county, then we would all know who to ask about the best kayak fishing holes in each county! Hopefully the rest of Maryland's 23 counties and one independent city will each have its own group set up soon!

Moderator - can we set up group category for 'Locales'? Thanks!

Chris

I hope this isn't the start of everyone breaking up into little "locals only" groups. Part of the allure of the forum has been everyone talking to each other and getting together with new people at new fishing spots all over the state. I personally have no interest in grouping up by locale, I enjoy fishing with everyone everywhere and everyone BS'n about it on the forum. I have learned alot about new spots and met lots of new people through this forum. That wouldnt have happened if the forum was split by location. It is MARYLAND Kayak Fishing after all. Not my forum, just my two cents.

Comment

I see where he is coming from. I live in harford county myself. However, the few times I have had questions about places in harford county, someone's helped out. It does seem like majority of the activity does come from people further south and east of harford.

In the end though, I have to agree with Nay_Sayer. If you have any questions about places anywhere in Maryland, there's always someone that can pony up some kind of advice. And that is what this forum is about. Get out and learn new places. I've only fished here in this state this year, but have learned a lot, at the hands of the people on this forum.

Got questions, just ask. That's what this, and every other forum is for.

Comment

I see Nay_Sayer's point. I too have discovered many new fishing spots via this forum and many new fishing buddies. Many are not even from my county of area, but from all over Marylland. If you want a fishing outing in a particular area, just post it. I typically find people in my county posting on whether they are interested or not, and I get post from anglers from other maryland counties, DC and Northern VA. So that being said, I would have to agree with Nay_Sayer.

Comment

I'm with Nay Sayer- I live down south in Charles County and 75% of all my fishing is done south of the DC line- I am planing to fish the Bay Bridge in the tournament for the first time ever- that said, I travel to the eastern shore, to Tidewater and the Outer Banks to fish on occasion. I enjoy reading the threads about small mouth fishing the upper Potomac- brings back memories of my early days wade fishing the Caddo River for them in my home state of Arkansas- terrific fighting fish and not bad on the table, either.

It would be a shame to see the MKF forum fragment into mini forums-

The MD fishing spots that I fish are:
          1. Mattingly Park (Slavins launch), Mattawoman Creek < 6.0 miles
          2. Friendship Farm Park Landing- Nanjemoy Creek > 22 miles
          3. Gilbert Run, Wheatly Lake, La Plata, MD- <14 miles
          4. Hatton Creek, Wicomico River, Newberg, MD>27 miles
          5. Mallows Bay, Potomac River, Nanejmoy, MD> 29 miles
          6. Marshall Hall, Potomac River, Bryans Road, MD> 19 miles
          7. AquaLand, Harry Nice Bridge, Rt. 301, PEPCO Power Plant Hot Ditch> 17 miles
          8. Piney Point, MD, Potomac River, St. Georges, Island, MD>36 miles
          9. St. Jerome's Creek, Ridge, MD, Chesapeake Bay western shore at Pt. No Point> 51 miles
          10. Point Lookout State Park, MD, mouth of the Potomac and the Chesapeake Bay> 56 miles
          Last edited by ronaultmtd; 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM.
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I agree with MOC and Nay. The fish are spread out all over, and you need to travel to get to them. I like to know what everyone is doing, even if it's not someplace that I normally would go.

Comment

Its a good idea to have local groups but I agree with Moc and Naysayer. Generally everyone (at least the OGs) on this board doesnt mind driving and will pretty much go anywhere.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I would love to be able to travel everywhere all of the time on he drop of a dime, however, that's just gonna be a reality for me outside of an occasional pre planned trip. I have a full time job that demands much more than 40 a week, and a 6 year old at home. Time will be limited for me and me Yak to be, so ill have to Make the most of my time. Having said that, I'm lucky enough to live nearby water, the Bush River, and that's where I imagine 90% of my fishing will be based from.

I know I can't be the only person on this awesome board with these time and travel limitations, or am I?

It's not my intent to fragment the bigger group, but I still would love to know who my local peeps are! There are 4360 shoreline miles in MD that we share...that's allot of paddling to do. Local groups will help us detail that info better and make it easier for some of us to connect.

I've learned allot here on the Snagged Line, this has become the home page for my iPad, pc and iPhone! Why? All the great people and input. But with 750+ members and growing, the more user friendly we make the site & forum for all, the more likely we will grow and continue to be a premier resource for not just kayak fishers in Maryland, but a model for Kayak forums everywhere!

Hope to see you on the waters soon! I'm buying a yak in the next week! Just have to clear out the old toys for the new. If anyone's interested, I'm selling a real sweet paintball set up and a killer RC Monster truck with a custom graphite chassis and it goes 70 mph+!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
                  I hope this isn't the start of everyone breaking up into little "locals only" groups. Part of the allure of the forum has been everyone talking to each other and getting together with new people at new fishing spots all over the state. I personally have no interest in grouping up by locale, I enjoy fishing with everyone everywhere and everyone BS'n about it on the forum. I have learned alot about new spots and met lots of new people through this forum. That wouldnt have happened if the forum was split by location. It is MARYLAND Kayak Fishing after all. Not my forum, just my two cents.

I agree with Nay_Sayer. There's plenty of BS'n in this forum, I do not want to search through numerous locales to find the BS'n. Not to offend anyone but keep all the BS'n in one place. My $ .02
                  Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
                  Stealth Green Tarpon 140
                  Orange Koho Perception

Comment

I hear what Chis (MChrisP1) is saying and I understand his point, but if getting together with fishing budies in his local area easily is his concern, then that will not be a problem on this forum. That is the great thing about Snaggedlined. After you have been on here awhile, you will realize that when you post, chances are you will find someone in your area and fish with them. (you will find anglers outside of your area to fish with too ) Typically you will find people that will BMail you their phone number so you can organize things off-line, and then post it if you choose to. My contact list has exploded with anglers in my area and others. Since I joined Snaggedline, I rearly fish alone.

I envy any who lives close to the water.....bravo on that!

See you at a Meet and Great one day.

Comment

Originally posted by MChrisP1 View Post
                      I know I can't be the only person on this awesome board with these time and travel limitations, or am I?
                      Chris
                      I feel your pain. I live about 200 yards from the water. I can be paddling about 5 minutes after I decide to go. Problem I have is that I work long days, and sometimes weekends. Add that to a list of other hobbies and a 2yr old at home, and I only get on the water for a couple of hours about every other week. And usually I find out I have "free time" with less than 24 hrs notice. I often go alone, but lately I have lucked out and some friends have been free at the same time as myself, so they have joined me. By the way, I'm not too far from you, I'm off of Sue Creek by Middle river. I usually put in locally, but sometimes I take a ride up to Mariner point for a change.
                      2012 FeelFree Moken Angler 12
                      http://www.youtube.com/80grady

Comment

Yes I noticed your location, we will have to get together at some point. What have you been catching out there in Sue Creek? I don't know much about what's in teh Bush, other than lots and lots of catfish, big ones too! Soon I will know more!

Comment

Another successful Snaggedline.com match made in heaven

Comment

Chris, Grady, next time you guys go out, let me know. I live in Joppa. Only minutes from Mariner Point. I also like to fish the Sus right below the dam. I work evenings/nights so early mornings or daytime is my best availability. Hit me up next time you guys go out, I might be able to meet you at your destination.

Nate

Comment

Why don't you just spend time posting on the board ......... I didn't recognize your name because I don't remember you posting. There are a bunch of us in Balto and Harford Cos but I don't like the idea of separate locality areas ........ don't like the segregation. A better Idea would be a couple of posts about who lives in Balto Harford counties then you would have a list of people local. You can start with me ....... I'm in Balto County.

Comment

Working...
                              X