G dock launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G dock launch

For the ones that use G dock. Do you launchq directly off G dock or use the small floating dock next to the lift/ramp at G dock?

Use the small floating dock

Comment

So it is really the GS dock?
      Attached Files

Comment

keep in mind, sandy point boat ramps are a great launch for the bridge.
        sigpic

Comment

I know, just thinking which will be better on Weds morning.

Comment

g dock

Originally posted by crawdad View Post
            Use the small floating dock
            Use "G dock"

When Matt and I set this launch up last year it was in response to us no longer being able to use the small beach at hemmingway's. We specifically talked this launch over with the marina forman and the owners of the yacht club. We are to launch from the open slips on G dock. We have no permissions to launch on any other section. I personally love that launch and it is NOT DIFFICULT. If you want to get the proper clearance to use the lower repair docks talk to the owners first. It is what it is.

Side note: please be courteous to the hemmingways marina. Pick up trash and don't be loud about launching. People do live in some of the boats there and they are always watching. We lost the beach at hemminways to trash and parkng issues. I would hate to lose g dock because launching from terrapin beach stinks.

Thanks.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I did use G dock last year and peddaled quietly out to the bay due to the exact reasons you noted above.

Comment

Use G dock like they said above. It was the only area given permission to launch from. It's not hard at all. I do suggest a small rope to tie up with and it comes in handy to pull your kayak down. It's easy as you can slide the kayak down into the water. Once in I use the rope to pull it down to tie up. Reverse to take out. Getting in and out of the kayak isn't hard either. Looks more deceiving than it actually is. Be courteousmany people are around. Usually one of the first slips are open.

Comment

there is a small floating dock in the gdock right next to the 25ton ramp that you can use also.
                  Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                    Use "G dock"

When Matt and I set this launch up last year it was in response to us no longer being able to use the small beach at hemmingway's. We specifically talked this launch over with the marina forman and the owners of the yacht club. We are to launch from the open slips on G dock. We have no permissions to launch on any other section. I personally love that launch and it is NOT DIFFICULT. If you want to get the proper clearance to use the lower repair docks talk to the owners first. It is what it is.

Side note: please be courteous to the hemmingways marina. Pick up trash and don't be loud about launching. People do live in some of the boats there and they are always watching. We lost the beach at hemminways to trash and parkng issues. I would hate to lose g dock because launching from terrapin beach stinks.

Thanks.
                    +1

More info on G dock: http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...highlight=dock
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                    X