Jonas Greene launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Greene launch

Having never launched from Jonas Greene before we stopped by Sunday morning to check it out.Is ther ever a problem launching with all the people fishing fom the shore area?

I've never had a problem, just do your best to avoid where you expect their lines to be.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I fished there this weekend for the first time on Sat and Sun. Really good sized white perch, several in the 11 to 12 inch range. There is a designated kayak/canoe launch area by the shore. There's even a sign. I noticed folks fishing to the left and right of that sign. You should be good.
      Hobie Outback
      WS Tarpon
      IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Usually the fishing people will stay away from the area directly out from the little wooden bridge you cross. That leaves room for several yaks to come in or go out. The real issue is parking if you don't get there early on nice weekends. The place gets just as many sun worshipers as fishermen on nice days. Additionally, I have seen runners and bicyclists park in the parking lot and then go run or ride on the B&A trail.

Regards,

John
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Thanks for everybodies imput, glad to hear there wern't any proplems at the launch.I have seen trouble at Matapeak pier with people actually throwing lead at anybody that came close to there lines, granted this was back when the pier extended out to the harbor opening. Thanks Frank.

Comment

Working...
          X