X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel help

I'm looking for a reel
    What is best for kayak fishing spinning or casting
    I'm looking for a heavy duty or best ones.
    Caribean blue Hobie oasis 2012
    Dune Pro angler 14

Shimano 4000D baitrunner. Good drag, excellent capacity, bait runner, handles big fish without excess of bulk. [medium to heavy spinning]
    Diawa procon 2500. light, compact, decent drag, good price [medium to light spinning]

Shimano 201E bait caster [hands down favorite multi-purpose reel] also see 301E

also you could only have one rod on your yak it should be a Shimano Trevala S Medium Heavy [greatest rod ever built.]

((all my personal opinion..))
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I must agree about the Shimano reels. All of my reels are Shimano except for two Penn International baitcasters. I use the Thunnus Ci4, which is a nice saltwater spinning reel of the baitrunner type. A majority of the time I use Stradic and Sustain spinning reels in the 3000 size range, a few 2500s and 4000s. I use a Curado 301E baitcaster and really like that reel for casting work. I use a couple Calcutta 400 TE reels for light trolling. They are also very nice reels. Shimano makes very dependable and smooth working gear.

Comment

i work at bass pro, rod and reel knowledge is my special. Shimanos are nice, the old ones...this years models out side of the CI4 i am receiving alot of complaints about and returns. diawa is near my top of favorites behind all garcia products. diawas drags are listed very low in their spinning gear but out perform their #. garcia sx or stx bait casters sport a 20+lb drag in both reels, and salt water capable. which no 1 will be able to touch for years. down fall is they are currently discontinued to make newer colors and lighter designs. spinning i like shiamnos older stuff, but the penn battle has been my best selling going on its 2nd year now, we push close to 80+ of these reels out a week. they are being compared by outdoor magazine to the shimano stellas... and theres an 800$ difference between the reels. the penn battle is 99$ pending the size you get. 109$ for the next size up 5-6000 sizes. calcuttas are a tough beat in the baitcaster section but you must like the circle profile reel. my advice, stick with shimano if u can get you hands on last years models or later, if you want brand new go with garcia or penn for both spinner or bait caster

and there no easier reel really, spinning you get line twist, bait caster you get a birds nest. i use both pending what im throwing, moving baits and light trolling im using bait casters when im jigging or throwing soft plastics im using spinning
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

love the shimano e series, they are great all around reels. I own 3 of them........now im just waiting for the new penn spinfishers coming out this fall, they are sealed and are gonna be priced <$150

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/i...st-243992.aspx
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I love my Abu Garcia bait asters and spinning rods
            Kodi B. from MD/PA
            Fishing from a Malibu Stealth 12 & Native Slayer 12

Comment

Heavy duty sweet or salt? Budget?
              sigpic

Comment

Salt I wanted a god one I will pay the prize