Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, all quick question on Thule/Yakima Roof Rack system for 2 door sport coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, all quick question on Thule/Yakima Roof Rack system for 2 door sport coupe.

Inquiring about purchasing a roof rack system. I went to the "fit your car" area at both yakima.com and thule.com but things were a bit ambiguous as to whether it will fit a 2 door (Honda Prelude).

Pic of car: I just don't think there's enough window length to fit the rear and front bars?
    Anyone had issue with 2 door or small car? Is there a minimum distance the 2 bars need to be apart?
    Foam blocks maybe the only way?

(Just bought a 10 foot kayak (being shipped). I live next to a lake and will use it there, but will eventually wish to transport elsewhere)

Thanks from a newbie to the forum.

Attached Files
    Last edited by hokienole; 07-24-2012, 02:38 AM.

You can look into a malone handirack.. they are inflatable and will fit even a honda s2000
    Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

I would give them a call. I have a 2-door as well. A Toyota Yaris. I was afraid the the lack of distance between the bars would be an issue so I installed a roof rack using the landing pads(Yakima) to spread them further. Definitely not for the faint of heart!! LOL But it came out cheaper than the "fit your car" models.

Comment

Working...
      X