Janes Island and the Tangier Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janes Island and the Tangier Sound

Me and my pops are heading over to Janes Island State Park at the end of the month to check in to some eastern Chesapeake fishing. We've never fished over there before and we were hoping for some tips from someone with a little experience over there. Thanks in advance and happy fishing!
    Fishing adds years to your life, and life to your years.

i only fished there once from my kayak about 4 years ago. went to the right from the ramp and went 3 miles or so around the island. i just used whole shrimp on a 3/8 jig head and cleaned up on croaker and a legal flounder lost another when my rod broke but now i know that its better to go straight out and pull the yak over the sand about 100yds and your in front of the island where the fishing is better.

going to be camping there on the 14th and 15th of sept.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! We'll be there at the end of August and we're hoping for some left over specks, reports show there might be some over in the Tangier. If they aren't around we'll fish for anything that wants a hook.
      Fishing adds years to your life, and life to your years.

Comment

bring your bug spray!

Comment

^real bad there at all times? or just morn/dusk?
          sigpic

Comment

they call that area the everglades of MD, blackwater wildlife refuge, not too bad if you like being sucked and bitten. 100% DEET

Comment

Working...
            X