Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Potomac 8-4-12

Lucked out to day and landed a fatty smallmouth! 18 1/2"

Also took out a newbie. One of my wife friends boy saw the snakehead pictures and wanted to get out fishing and kayak fishing. Here is Sinjin with his first ever kayak bass caught on a wacky worm under the leadership of my buddy Greg.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Nice smallmouth. That is a beauty.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I've never caught one that large Rob after fishing the Upper Potomac for the past 5 years. My biggest is 16 3/4 inches. So what presentation did you catch that magnificent beast on?

Comment

Very nice smallie. Looks like u and Greg and sinjin had a good time. What section did u guys float
        Kodi B. from MD/PA
        Fishing from a Malibu Stealth 12 & Native Slayer 12

Comment

I just moved to Loudon county, and algonkin park seems to be the closest access to the Potomac for me. I haven't been out yet, but hope to go soon.. any tips you can offer?
          Sun Fishin'

Comment

Kodi, We fished around Dam 5, we launched where Jeremy and I launched and took out where you launched. Dan, Rob used a YUM Gonzo Grub to land that pig. I was across from him and Sinjin giving direction to Sinjin as to where to throw his lure. He was having problems casting and decided to take a break and Rob stepped in a caught that pig !

Comment

Yea, Greg was yelling across the rapids to Cast there, cast there! He was not following it to the letter. He got tired and went to the yak for a sandwich and I said "Watch, like this." and then there a pig on the end of the line.

On the trip home I said "Next time Greg said fish there, or cast here, do it exactly how he says." He said "He'll make sure he does, next time."

My daughter was over helping his Momma clean the house and said he was all smiles when he came home. He was very excited about the fish he caught and the one I caught. He was very excited about getting jig heads, gonzo grubs and a spinnerbait just given to him.

I think we caught him, better than the smallmouths.
              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

Comment

Sweet! A monster smallie and a new convert make for a really successful day. How was the water level?
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Not bad at all. Low enough to keep some boats out and high enough to fish. We got into kayak fishing and hunting due to low water levels on the river.

The warm water seems to slow the bite down some. I am looking for a bit of a cooling trend to come and turn the bite on better.

Comment

Working...
                  X