No announcement yet.

Red Citation size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago, when they first re-started the MD fishing challenge, I just filled out the form for a C&R channel cat, LmBass and rainbow trout and got citations for all of them after mailing in pic and completed form. I'm not sure that they are still accepting them this way, but figured it was worth a try...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Just got my Red Drum citation in the mail. So it seems that just printing out and mailing the form in with a photo works just fine.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I got mine a couple of days ago, just by emailing. However, they totally butchered my last name...
        The certificate says the citation center was basspro...
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Same here. Bass Pro... butchered last name. lol.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I just got citations for a 14, 16 and 17 incher HEHE

Meadeo
            2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
              If I am reading right any size red drum in the Chesapeake Bay is a Maryland Citation.
              Does that mean I'm reading it wrong? I thought it had to be a minimum 36"? Just caught a 12" Red a few weeks ago.
              Cheapo Field&Stream Eagle Talon

Comment

Originally posted by Japyak View Post
                Does that mean I'm reading it wrong? I thought it had to be a minimum 36"? Just caught a 12" Red a few weeks ago.
                There is no size minimum for a red drum citation in the chesapeake bay.

36" is only for the Coastal Atlantic if you are so lucky to catch one there

Comment

Originally posted by MTDluvsFishin View Post
                  There is no size minimum for a red drum citation in the chesapeake bay.

36" is only for the Coastal Atlantic if you are so lucky to catch one there

i was under that impression too, but on the md fishing challenge website, it says 36" for chesapeake bay as well. BUT, the 2012 md fishing guide book says angler award is any size.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/ch...es#Chesapeake1
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                    i was under that impression too, but on the md fishing challenge website, it says 36" for chesapeake bay as well. BUT, the 2012 md fishing guide book says angler award is any size.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/ch...es#Chesapeake1
                    Yeah it was that way for 2012, but they have changed it for 2013

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up guys. I thought I was losing my mind.
                      Cheapo Field&Stream Eagle Talon

Comment

Not trying to hate on the State but I think its pretty dumb to have it as any size. Where is the "trophy" in a baby red.... kinda pathetic
                        Cliff Williams
                        Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
                          Not trying to hate on the State but I think its pretty dumb to have it as any size. Where is the "trophy" in a baby red.... kinda pathetic
                          It's not that way anymore, and was only like that because until this year redfish were extremely rare to catch in most to all Maryland Waters.

Comment

Ahhhh, that makes a lot more sense. I have only been fishing in MD since march and have found plenty of smaller drum but have yet to catch one slot size. I was unaware of their rarity in the area. It is great to know that they are showing up more and more this year. I love fishing in MD and hope they continue to prosper. BTW Matt, if your hitting up any Peacock Bass in Florida bring some Heddon Zara Spooks. I hear that is the ticket, red and white has always been my go to color combo.
                            Cliff Williams
                            Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
                              Totally agree. The big bulls (40"+) are a rarity and a madding pursuit.

Comment

Working...
                              X