PLO Launch Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLO Launch Sites

I have never been to Point Lookout and have been looking at the public launch sites link in the main forum sticky and reading past posts on PLO in order to get an idea of the best place to launch.

Most likely I will be fishing in the afternoon to past dark. However, most of the sites say they close at dusk. Does anyone know if there is any place that will let you return after dark and not close the gate on you?

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/sm.asp

Attached Files
    <MIKE>
    Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
    Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

All the launches in PLO park are open to arriving after dark. So is piney point. There are marina launches as well that will let you arrive late, like Buzz's on St Jeromes Creek.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I went to PLO often for flounder in mid August - mid September. You have very good chance to catch flounder right now.
      The Point Lookout State Park does not close with a gate. You pay for daytime entrance or night entrance. They charge fee ($5 per person if MD resident) for day time and night time entrance. If you arrive there in the evening, just pay for the night entrance. They aren’t picky about the exact time of entrance.

I don't know the current entrance fee. Bring enough $1 and $5 bills. When there is no attendants at the gate, put the fee in the deposit box.

I bring a cart to launch next to the boat rental. It's the best place for me. If I forgot to bring the cart I launch from the boat ramp. I wasn't into launching from pet beach. I have too much to carry usually.
      Lake Conoy is very protective. You may catch a keeper flounder there since the size limit is lowered this year.

I caught spot on Fish-Bites in Lake Conoy and used small live spot for Flounder.

Flounder can be caught in the channel edges straight out from Lake Conoy. It can be 14’- 28’ straight out from the entrance to the buoy in 28-30’ of water.

Bring a cooked salad shrimp for croaker. You can catch 13-14 inch croakers there

DNR rangers are always there. They do check for Fishing license and Alcohol containers.

You must bring a strong insect repellent.

Bluefish are always there and sometimes you will hit a school of stripers
      Last edited by ComeOnFish; 08-22-2012, 08:15 PM.
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

kevinfry and ComeOnFish,

Thanks for the great info! I would love to catch some flounder!
        <MIKE>
        Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
        Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Buzz is a good place when the wind blows. The only thing bad thing is that you must be back to Buzz before sunset. After sunset, you can't see a thing. If is very hard to come back to Buzz from the inlet. If you are fishing the Inlet (St. Jerome's Creek)
          joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
          X