Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Cuda Vs Tarpon 120

I am torn between the two yaks

I love the storage and features involving the cuda, but i am partial to the tarpon for the price i can get one at 700.

I kno the tarpon has the new air pro seat, but the cuda allows the seat to be in a high low position and have tackle all throughout the yak

im in need of reviews if anyone has either of these yaks
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

I have a Coosa. The best single feature of the Coosa is the seat. If you get a Cuda, I'm sure you will be very comfortable.

Hook1 has some killer deals on kayaks right now so if you go for a tarpon, take a look there. They had free shipping too.

Comment

The seat in the Tarpon is pretty comfortable. I'm not sure how it compares to the Coosa's seat, though. I think standing is possible in the Coosa. I don't think I'm coordinated enough to stand in the Tarpon very long and have no real desire to try. One thing I don't like about the Tarpon is that the tank well is very wet. Your crate will get soaked unless you elevate it. If you're inseam is longer than 34", you might run out of leg room in the Tarpon, or you'll have to do without the foot braces. I'm pretty close to the upper limit for leg room. The Slidetrax system is pretty cool if you're reluctant to drill holes for things. One thing I would caution about is that the flush mounted rod holders in the fishing model didn't have sealed bottoms when I bought mine. That's not optimal. They might have changed that since then (2009). You can take a Tarpon for a demo at Annapolis Canoe and Kayak. They made me a good deal when I bought mine. Or, if you happen to swing by St. Mary's County, you're welcome to take mine for a spin.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I sat in one yesterday at annapolis and thats what turned me on , not a fan of having my
        Tank well get wet though . But with our discount on hook 1 the tarpon 120 is 719 n the guy said hed throw in an anchor
        Trolley with that price n free shipping so im confused which id like .

I have an ascend , i like it . But my legs go numb from no elevation of ghe seat, and hate not having any storage at all infront of me
        Zach Moore
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

If you're not totally set on T120, I recommend checking out the WS RIDE 115. What a sweet yak. I owned the RIDE 135 and a friend has the 115 very nice, very stable yaks. If I ever buy another paddle yak, it'll most likely be the RIDE 115.
          2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

My next paddle yak is going to be the 12 foot cuda. It isn't out quite yet, supposed to be out at the end of the month, but between the layout and the seat I am sold. The ride 115 and coosa were also on my short list and look like nice yaks. They will both run you a lot more than$719 though

Comment

Have you looked into the Malibu Stealth 12/14?? I think that will end up being my next yak, has lots of storage along with a built in live well.
              Jeff B
              Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Matt,

After sitting in my Tarpon for a long period of time my legs get cramped too, hence the PA. I wouldn't settle for the Tarpon if the only reason to justify the purchase is price and anchor. Your going to spend many hours fishing on a kayak and your #1 complaint is comfort and not having enough room for storage. The Cuda seems to fit your needs but the price is keeping you from pulling the trigger. My advice, stick with the Ascend for now then save up and get the Cuda. Bite the bullet now so you don't find yourself upgrading again. My $.02, good luck.
                Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
                Stealth Green Tarpon 140
                Orange Koho Perception

Comment

im liking the jackson kayaks, but i am also really liking what i see from the malibus as well.. i like lots of storage, particularly infront of me which the stealth offers, just read mixed reviews on things getting wet inside the hull..

ive been doing hours of research, the search will continue, in the mean time. money will be saved ha ha
                  Zach Moore
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                  X