No announcement yet.

Eastern Neck Island National Wildlife Refuge via Kent Narrows/Queenstown area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Neck Island National Wildlife Refuge via Kent Narrows/Queenstown area

Anyone ever thought or tried going to Eastern Neck Island by putting in somewhere in Kent Narrows/Queenstown area? It would save over 80 miles of driving round trip coming from the western shore.

I don't see any public launch sites, but there has to be a marina that would charge a daily rate to put in/park etc. I hear there's a lot of variety fishing wise at Eastern Neck, not to mention the wildlife.

there is a queen anne county ramp in queenstown across from eastern neck never tried it but doesnt look too far

Comment

Thanks Surfdog. Looks like there's one in Kent Narrows, didn't see Queenstown. Is that the same one, or different? I did find the link for anyone else's info.
      http://www.parksnrec.org/landings-a-piers.html

Queen Annes Co. also charges $35 for state residents for an annual parking sticker, and $10 for a daily sticker. Seems like a rip off to me, although it would still save about 90 miles of driving.

Has anyone ever fished over in the Eastern Neck Island waters? Looks like mostly shallow water, but could be some drop offs where the fish hang.

Comment

when you get the pass they give you a map of all the launch ramps,35 bucks seems like a ripoff but the ramps are well maintained. from KN its a good haul to ENP, queenstown is closer. look up dnr ramp finder

Comment

Shall do Surfdog, when I have some time to get over that way. Not sure I'd do that one alone, that is a big body of water, and growing up on the Severn, I know how fast the weather can change. I have another sister who lives in Great Oak, north of Rock Hall, could meet her and brother in law at E. Neck.

Comment

The ramp in town is marked private and violators will be towed according to the sign. You can park at the end of Steamboat lane at the red gate though...that will give you access to a small public beach. Eastern Neck Island will be a straight shot from there. I used to make that paddle frequently in a malibu2 back in the day... 13 or so years ago!
            2013 ASCEND FS12

Comment

Hey, great, thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
              X