Newb Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Introduction

I wanted to go ahead and take a moment and introduce myself. I have been lurking on the forum for a while now and decided to go ahead and join. Great forum and nice to see so much activity and information being offered!

Attached are some photos of the rig. After moving up to Berwyn Heights I have been putting in a lot at Piscataway, Bladensburg, etc. With a new baby it is hard to find large windows to go out fishing so I have focused a lot closer to home.

I am trying to swing the tournament next weekend but with the baby not sure if mama will let me get out that long.

Hope to run into some of you guys on the water.

r/
    Neil
    Attached Files
    -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Welcome! How do you like the moken?

chimo

Comment

Welcome. You just need to set your priorities. Kids will still be around on rainy and cold days when you can't fish. Man's primal instinct to put fish in the yak and food on the table is simply too strong to ignore.

Now this logic didn't work with my wife, but maybe it will with yours.

Comment

Hey Chimo, I am very content with the moken. I picked it up 2nd hand a few weeks ago and don't have many complainants. I don't have a lot of other fishing kayak experience to compare it to but when I compare it to some of the cheap run of the mill kayaks I have been in, it definitely is a nice step up. Tracks great, plenty of storage, and is a nice wide stable platform. I wanted something I felt comfortable in and @ 6'2" 230 it handles me plus my gear with no problem. Biggest complaint right now is no cup holders ;P

Russ498...I keep telling my wife this and she isn't buying it. We had a "discussion" last night about my fishing habits and I told her I actually have downsized my hobbies since we got together and she should feel lucky. She didn't really see it from my perspective
        -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Welcome. Happy fishing.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

[QUOTE
            Russ498...I keep telling my wife this and she isn't buying it. We had a "discussion" last night about my fishing habits and I told her I actually have downsized my hobbies since we got together and she should feel lucky. She didn't really see it from my perspective [/QUOTE]

I've got one on the way. I'm selling the big boat and keeping the kayak. Actually, I've been working on it re-rigging all afternoon when I was supposed to be working on the baby's room...oops...regardless, it gives me hope that you have made it out of the house. I hope to be so lucky!
            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Welcome, hopefully you'll be able to swing the tourny it is an awesome time!!

Comment

Welcome Neil.
                2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

I've got one on the way. I'm selling the big boat and keeping the kayak. Actually, I've been working on it re-rigging all afternoon when I was supposed to be working on the baby's room...oops...regardless, it gives me hope that you have made it out of the house. I hope to be so lucky!
                  Congrats on the expecting baby dsiekman. Hope she will still let you go out after the baby is born. It has been an adjustment in our house keeping everyone happy but luckily the wife lets me go out at least once a weekend for a few hours.
                  -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                  X