bell grove pond 9-4-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bell grove pond 9-4-12

Hit bell grove yesterday with the yaks and my friend. Pulled into the no parking lot just to unload. Took the first kayak out and carried it to the water. Turn around and theres a tow truck driver watchin me O.O so i walked over him to tell him were just unloading and ill be outta there in 5 mins or so and will go park my truck somewhere else. He said ok and took off. Phew! Lol close call. Anyway so we put in and fished the sides. I used a fin s minnow (pretty small) and my buddy threw a trick worm. Couple of misses for the first hour or so and i had a nice thunk pulled my line in and had a hugeee carp scale on it. That woulda been interesting on 6 lb test light action rod lol. Hit 1 spot to the right. Threw the fin s as fas as i could towards the banks and did a slow roll/jig back. Caught yellow perch (babies) white perch (medium) small bluegill and small bass. Not a great day but def better than a predicted. (Thought i was gonna get skunked0

shoulda used the boat ramp at baltimore highlands...
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Prob true lol

Comment

Nice fishing with you guys last Monday. Damn storms!!!! Anyway, WHAT RAMP in Baltimore Highlands??? I grew up on Illinois Ave and don't remember a boat ramp. Is it by anychance in the Southwest park?? I'm thinking of hitting the river sometime but would rather go to the ponds on Belle Grove. I know how to get to the ponds from Patapsco River near the Annapolis Rd Bridge. So if the Ramp is near that area then I'd be interested in that. Maybe we can do that sometime...
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

The ramp hes talkin about i think is southwest. Ive seen some weird people there and def wouldnt wanna leave my truck. Bad area
          I dont even feel comfortable parkin at bell grove either. Ive read about break ins robberyd hold ups etc. There are a lot of big fish in bell grove but the waters poo brown and very polluted. Wouldnt wanna ever eat anything outta there

Comment

LOL yeah i know what u mean about the shady folks and such. I posted about the water issues last year wen people were posting about fishing Harbor Hospital. There are constant sewage spills in that river and most are started at the Balto Highlands pumping station .
            Tom Brown
            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I dont think the ramp is southwest its brand new like a year old . N that water gets poopy but its fed from ellicot city which pushes it out . Its a fun river to fish when its right
              Zach Moore
              Bait Towel Pro Staff
              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I had Steamed crabs, rockfish, and softcrab sandwich over three days for dinner all from in front of ft. Mchenry and have not turned green yet...
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Southwest area park is relatively new, nice launch for a kayak. Its behind the luckies on annapolis rd. Puts you 15 min downstream from the ponds. There are always gonna be sketchy looking people in that area, stay alert and you should be fine.

Comment

ive launched at southwest numerous times with no problems.
                    Zach Moore
                    Bait Towel Pro Staff
                    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                    X