Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for fishing buddy with a truck!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for fishing buddy with a truck!!!!

So i just bought a used 12ft jon boat from craigslist for $300, nice deal. I got it registered with MD and have a 45lbs thrust trolling motor and im all ready to go. The only problem is i have a small honda and my buddy with the F150 is out on vaca this weekend so i have no means of transporting the boat to the beautiful yellow waters of Maryland. I still kinda new to the off shore fishing game but im ready to get this bad boy out there to catch the big ones. If anyones interested in partner-uping with me and have a truck that can carry the boat let me know if your free this sat or sunday.

I would not put a 12 ft. Jon boat in the Bay or even the Potomac-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Why would you suggest not to. I see many 12ft v hull and jon boats in the bay when im fishing off shore.

Comment

I think we're being "punked" Ron.

Comment

No your definitely not

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hey- it's your life...I've owned and operated a 24 foot deep V cuddy cabin boat and at times I felt that was much too small a boat- and don't think you won't be surprised by extreme weather that falls out of the sky on you totally unexpected- I feel pretty good about fishing in rough water in my 12 foot Hobie Outback, but it is not an open boat and when the waves break over me and the Hobie, it doesn't sink...looking at your plastic moulded 12 foot boat- it should be good for creeks and lakes- I would recommend Mattawoman Creek and sheltered waters- you get that out in the main Bay in 3 foot chop with changing tides and any kind of wind at all, you could get swamped pretty quickly-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                Hey- it's your life...I've owned and operated a 24 foot deep V cuddy cabin boat and at times I felt that was much too small a boat- and don't think you won't be surprised by extreme weather that falls out of the sky on you totally unexpected- I feel pretty good about fishing in rough water in my 12 foot Hobie Outback, but it is not an open boat and when the waves break over me and the Hobie, it doesn't sink...looking at your plastic moulded 12 foot boat- it should be good for creeks and lakes- I would recommend Mattawoman Creek and sheltered waters- you get that out in the main Bay in 3 foot chop with changing tides and any kind of wind at all, you could get swamped pretty quickly-
                And don't forget the wakes from cargo ships. Those things sneak up on you. I've been in very few boats, even in the 35-40', that don't have to at least slow down or change direction from time to time do to wakes or wind blown chop. The bay can get nasty in a hurry. Call me what you like, but I don't like being out in rough water in my yak even with a spray skirt.
                LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I agree with you about not going out in such a small boat, many a time we have listend to the bay weather and have had conditions change by the time we got to the ramp and would not go out. My parents took the word of a boat rental attendent one time that the weather would clear, seven people where killed in that storm, lucky they made it back in .Frank

Comment

i took a 10ft pond prowler just out of my creek once just into the magothy, and stayed on shore line. and was sunk in a matter of minutes from boat waves on a weekend.. I was sunk in 3 ft on water with my gf and had to drag it closer to shore and flip it back over. with a 55lb thrust motor on it and its a pontoon.

i had a 14 ft john boat years ago, and struggled in rough weather just in the magothy river.
                    Zach Moore
                    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                    Bait Towel Pro Staff
                    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
                    X