Cleaning a Triggerfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning a Triggerfish

Triggerfish are delicious but are notoriously hard to filet. A guy showed me how to clean one once so I gave it a shot and its the easiest way I know of! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

LOL nice job... Did he use his teeth too?? LMAO

Comment

Nice. Triggerfish taste GOOOODD
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Ha! The pics made my wife's day. I can pretty much do whatever I want fish-wise in the kitchen now, and it won't gross her out as much as seeing someone pull the skin off a fish with their teeth.

The real question is, does that work with other species? I wanna see you do that with a snakehead next.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I'm gonna have to try that teeth skinning technique next time on catfish :-P
              Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
              Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
              Northern Pike: 24 inches
              Crappie: 12 inches
              Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

dont dull your fliete knife use a serrated bread knife to cut the first cut at the head then use the fillet knife from the inside where its easier to cut through the skin then filet and skin teeth optional

Comment

You can also go in at the anal opening with blade pointed outward, run it back towards the tail, up towards the gill plate,then turn it up towards the spine. One good yank after that and the skin is off, and your knife doesn't get dull.

I saw a guy back in the '90's named Cookie on the Capt. Stacy in Atlantic Beach/Morehead use that technique and he swore by it. Fast, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X