Looking for waders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for waders

Looking to get a set of chest waders and a dry top for this winter. I am looking for suggestions, reviews, recommendations. Boots attached or neoprene booties. Thanks for any advice.

What's your budget?

Comment

just picked up a dry top at ACK. check in the tackle shop forum

look for breathable chest waders at cabelas (stocking foot)
      Last edited by surfdog; 09-13-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I think I may have an extra pr of XL with neoprene booties. Attached. But they may b too big for you
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Budget isn't really an issue. I cant run out and buy the most expensive set, but if its an excellent product it wont take too long to save for the extra cost. I don't mind paying more for something that's made better.

Comment

Get the ones with a front zipper for those urgent moments on the yak. Very convenient.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I've been eyeballing these:

http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com/p/Kok_Temp_P.html

They look nice, as an alternative to bib waders. No relief zip though.

Comment

I have the packable Cabela's breathable waders with neoprene booties. They also came with boots. It's nice because they fold up into a small little package so you can store them easily if you aren't using them. For the top, I wear Frog Toggs. I think the waders were around $120-$150 and the top was $30 for round numbers. Neither offers any insulation so I can wear them any time of year as long as I bundle up underneath...just make sure they are big enough.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

I have a pair of these:
                  http://www.bobwards.com/products2.cf...FUGo4AodZGMA0Q

They're pretty awesome. I'm not sure if that website really has them in stock, but it's worth asking. That's a good price, too.

The only downside is that the XL size is too big for me around the waist, which probably results in a poorer seal with my semi-dry top.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                    I have a pair of these:
                    http://www.bobwards.com/products2.cf...FUGo4AodZGMA0Q

They're pretty awesome. I'm not sure if that website really has them in stock, but it's worth asking. That's a good price, too.

The only downside is that the XL size is too big for me around the waist, which probably results in a poorer seal with my semi-dry top.
                    +1 That's what I have. Going on three years. No problems. I'd buy them again. In fact, that's a good price and I think I'm going to buy another pair.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas. Just what I was looking for, real use and experience with what ever types you all have. Makes buying something I know nothing of a lot easier. I was thinking of getting some frogg toggs just to have as rain gear. Just might do that one day too.

Anyone else feel free to chime in as well. All is welcome!

Comment

Working...
                      X