After a long debate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a long debate...

My wife and I have decieded to stay around this area. We were in the plans of moving to Charleston, SC either this fall or next spring, but have not deciede to stay. Currently with the economy and questionable events after the first of next year, it just seemed like the smart thing to do. We are however moving, just within the MD borders, away from water. That all said I am moving to Mt. Airy and wanted to see who was around that area and where you tend to fish the most. I fished a lot as a kid just south of harpers ferry, so I know that is a good local for smallies, but what else is available? This is what lead me to post about the snakehead areas as well. Mattawoman is now 2hr drive for me, so I would like to find something a little closer.
    Keith
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

keith - welcome to Mt Airy. we moved here from Montgomery County 15 years ago and never looked back. There are several access points for the Potomac within 30 min drive, the Monocacy River in Frederick has excellent smallie fishing but they tend to run @ 12" havent caught any much bigger, but it is a good float with several public access points. Black Hills Regional Park is nearby which is excellent and you have the WSSC Reservoirs. I will fish the Occoquan River in Virginia during the late winter/early spring and the Potomac out of Fletchers, each less than an hour. There is also Cunningham Falls state park which has a nice lake. I hope this helps...message me via this site if you need anything additional info. Good luck w the move. wfauby
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Working...
    X