lake jocasse sc/ any info on area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lake jocasse sc/ any info on area

Tomorrow night I leave on vacation to travel the blue ridge parkway and will be staying in oconee sc which is located close to lake jocasse which holds several of sc state record freshwater catches ( break, bass, red eye bass etc. ) I really have no interest in any of these fish except red eyes or hybrid rockfish but I'm pretty familiar with tactics on them. I believe this lake to also hold muskie and tigers too not too familliar with that kind of tackle besides a lot of flash with some spinners. There's also big blues and flatheads that congregate around the dam this time of year from the little I've read about the lake but I know there's some potomac cat hunters on here here that could maybe chime in I've caught channels before with cut bait but ive heard live herring is good for the blues with ff rigs or hi-lows are popular I've read what baits and rigs would you guys suggest and if anybody has ever fished any lakes in the general area any info would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by kayakjoe; 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM. Reason: typo
    Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol
Working...
X