rocky gorge reservoir vs triadelphia reservoir for fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocky gorge reservoir vs triadelphia reservoir for fishing

Just wanted to see what peoples opinions are for fishing at these two areas. I visited both of them but the water level is low right now but onces it goes back up just wanted to know which one I'd better luck at. Thanks

Tridelphia has a better rep for fish caught,but each man carries his own abilities and luck.

Comment

They both can fish terrible. So far this year I've been skunk free at Triadelphia in 2012. I fish Triadelphia most because I'm only a mile away from it. I might hit Rocky Gorge tomorrow if I don't head to the Potomac River. I haven't caught any big bass in either reservoir, unless it is spring time. I caught a 12 inch striper from Triadelphia two weeks ago.

Comment

I normally fish Rocky Gorge. Rocky Gorge is like a long lazy river, and Triadelphia is more like a traditional lake. They are both pretty deep and don't be surprised to catch fish in 20' of water or deeper. Jigs and deep cranks are a good bet. Also early morning and late afternoon are the best times until they go on their feeding binge at the end of October.
        Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
        Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
        Northern Pike: 24 inches
        Crappie: 12 inches
        Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

This is how low Triadelphia is right now.

Comment

I fished Rocky Gorge yesterday from the ramp off of Supplee. Level was really low and fishing for me was on and off. Once when the sun came up the bite slowed down a lot for me. Was fly fishing and my presentation wasn't the best so that might have had something to do with it. Water temp around 70-73. Saw a few decent size fished feeding on the surface but couldn't get any to hook up.
            -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Thanks for all the info everyone

Comment

Working...
              X