Finally Got My First Yak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Got My First Yak

I've been looking into getting a kayak for a couple of years now but really hadn't found exactly what I wanted. I was going to hold out for the NW Slayer but came across a local tackle shop that was having a sale on their remaining inventory. I picked up a Diablo Adios. I couldn't say no to the price so I'm hoping it works out how it looks like it should. Does anyone on here have one or used one? Also, anyone want to give a first time yak fisher any solid advice/pointers? Any advice on rigging?

In case anyone is looking the store still has a Malibu x 13 for sale for $500.......

Congratulations on your first kayak!
    Either one is fine for you. If you haven’t bought a paddle yet, I suggest you get a longer paddle (240-250cm) with BIG paddle surface to move the kayak.

Your kayak should be a super stable kayak. But I don’t know how it will move forward against strong wind/ high wave/fast current. It looks it can gain 1 stroke out of 2-4 actual strokes against strong wind at 12-20knots. You may take time to get used to the wind and the water in the upper Chesapeake because the weather forecast is just forecast many times

Thanks,
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Congrats on the yak, what did you pay if you don't mind telling?
      Grab a paddle and rods and fish it before any rigging, I am just now (after a few years) getting a good grasp on how I want to rig my yaks.
      Where are you out of? where are you planning to feesh?

Slack
      Captian of the plastic Navy
      1 - Mad River Canoes
      1- Tarpon 120
      1- Redfish 10
      1- Coosa HD
      2- Cuda 12
      1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

I'd rather not say how much I paid out of respect to the shop I got it from (since I mentioned the shop in the for sale section) but lets just say it was WELL below retail and came with a paddle. I wasn't keen on drilling holes in any yak and this one allows the use of the suction cup ram mounts, so hopefully they work well. I'm also a bigger guy so the load capacity and width appealed to me.

I'm in Chestertown and plan on fishing the Chester, Eastern Bay and Choptank as of right now. I fish most of these out of my boat so am somewhat familiar with the layout. Always looking for new places to fish though and new people to fish with!

Comment

I like the adios...hope it came with that cool kick down skeg. That price on the malibu.....wow.
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
          X