3rd times a charm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd times a charm?

been tryng to get over and fish from Bennetts point landing at the mouth of the Wye river for the last couple weeks but the wind has driven us off, so going to try again this saturday. a lot of shore line and deep drops close by, hopefully some fish hanging around too. meeting MOC at the WAWA at 0600 and trying to get some top water action around sun up. the landing is right across from the Wye river wildlife managment reserve.

I am familiar with the Wye. Grew up fishing there and know the point you are trying to fish. Caught some fish there too, but I've had better luck in the cove across the river; to the E of Bluff's island (I think that is the name of the island). Also, many of the coves near your launch site hold good sized fish right now. White bucktail and a char or white curly tail was always the ticket when I was younger, but I am sure anything trolled will work. Good luck to you guys.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

thanks for the info. its been about 5 years since i put my kayak in there, no ramp there its a work boat landing but there is a sandy area off to the side to launch from.

Comment

Working...
      X