Fishing Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Reports

I thought the idea of this fishing forum is to provide fellow kayak fishermen useful information. I know some don't want to share there hot spots but if your going to brag about your catch you need to be a little more specific then the chesapeake bay!

Totally agree. We are here to learn and share plus enjoy the camaraderie.

Comment

A lot more than just kayak fisherman read this forum and the last thing anyone wants is a bunch of powerboats in our spots. This is the reason for most people being discrete or not wanting to publicly announce their spot. Try sending a PM and nicely ask for information. I am sure most will be wiling to give you some information, such as a launch and structure to target. I doubt anyone is going to tell you exactly where to go because no one wants more pressure on their hot spot.
      Last edited by Cliff; 10-14-2012, 12:52 AM.
      Cliff Williams
      Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I'm a brand new member to Snaggedline as of this evening. I was talking to a guy in Angler's parking lot who mentioned he got multiple hits with some rockfish in the 30" range near Thomas Point Lighthouse livelining. He asked me what kind of boat I was fishing....... A Hobie Outback was my response and his eyes rolled ....a**hole.

My kids are fighting me for one of the two Outbacks I currently own. I have been eyeing the PA 14 for over a year. Any comments pro or con would be appreciated. I spoke with Matt at Backyard Boats this evening, and I'm leaning toward Santa arriving early this year. Looking forward to meeting fellow kayakers on the water. Also a greenhorn with kayak fishing, so I'll be searching the forum for tips.

Comment

I love my PA. I fish with it all conditions without a worry in the world. It's a floating pier and a great platform for any situation. I have some back issues from football and would not be able to put in the hours if I was unable to stand up and stretch. I would recommend it to any angler but at the same time I don't mind the weight of the yak. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me at any time.
          Last edited by Cliff; 10-14-2012, 12:53 AM.
          Cliff Williams
          Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Oh and welcome to the forum! It's a great place to learn from and fuel the addiction. I would be up a creek without a paddle if I didn't have help from my fellow anglers here on the site. Jack (pinch) and Mike (grilled) have taught me everything I know about fishing in Maryland. Take advantage of any opportunity you get to fish with your fellow MKF'ers. You will learn a lot about rigging, techniques and it's always more fun and safer.
            Cliff Williams
            Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I am sort of a newbie too, and should probably keep quiet, but Cliff's suggestion about p.m.ing the poster for more specificity on spots is good.

There was a poster who put their spots on video, which then proceeded to be overrun by larger boats etc.; so loose lips can sink ships. Besides, it's more fun to find your own spots isn't it? Isn't that where most of the fun really is?

Comment

i agree however some people have had their spots stolen and are tired of it.
                36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
                20ft C-hawk
                14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter

Comment

Last edited by kayak456; 10-14-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Last edited by kayak456; 10-14-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Come on now, no need for any of that on Snaggedline. Let's keep it mature. I don't have an account on tidal fish for a reason and it's not because they require you to have an e-mail that isn't free....
                      Cliff Williams
                      Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Case and point. 90 non-members online late night stalking our forums for info before they make their Sunday morning trips I assume... It is the sole reason I hold back content in any of my reports.
                        Attached Files
                        Cliff Williams
                        Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
                          thanks for the shout out kayak tony. way to be a compleTe jerk. i said chesapeake bay because you asked where i am fishing. find your own spot and dont ask me where i fish!YOU ASKED "ARE YOU FISHING", AND I SAID "CHESAPEAKE BAY", LIVE WITH IT. it is quite obvious that big fish are in skinny water now so fish a river and catch fish ,dont ask where i fish
                          Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
                          and also if you asked me where i hooked my fish i would say in the lip
                          All completely unnecessary and could have gone unsaid.

Do your thing and catch fish, you can't get mad at someone asking. You can just simply refrain from answering, or can say you prefer to not tell your spots. It's as simple as that, You don't need to stoop down to being a smart ass either. This is simply getting old at this point.

Your might not be on here to make friends, but I sure hope your not trying to make enemies..

Comment

i answered where i was. i was in the chesapeake bay

Comment

I've done quite well at my fishing holes as you can see if you have read some of my previous post. I have provided a location where I fished so some fellow kayakers can experience some good fishing also. "There is plenty of fish in the sea" you just need to know how to catch them.

Comment

Working...
                              X