kayak456

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayak456

Over the past two months I have found that fish are like money, when you have to much of it you get greedy and mean. Well I am writing this to apologize,but I don't want this to be another 10 page long argument of people,so from now on I wont write anymore reports from land or boat,just yaks. Over sept. and oct. i have caught over 100 keeper stripers on topwater,and from that I thought i was better than other fisherman simply because I was out-fishing them,which is not true. fishing is a sport and its all about the fun weather you catch or not. I used to be very detailed until boats started coming to close for comfort,and I know boats can be rude to yaks,but on my boat i have never seen a yak fishing. I was looking through all my reports and realized that snaggedline is too good to simply close an account and leave, but that it is better to hold your tongue. i will keep writing yak reports and i will write boating,land based report on tidalfish.( i like this site better). tidalfish compared snaggedline,is like bass pro shop is to martys. both tidalfish and basspro are huge and complicated,while Marty's and snaggedline are smaller and easier to understand. plus at snaggedline and martys there is good fishing knowledge. GOOD LUCK THIS FALL!

-Andrew

cool
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Nice. I am still trying to learn about topwater for stripers...just another skill I'm trying to master. I've also caught well over 100 fish in my last few trips but none on TW, wish some were! I tried for a few mins but it seemed too windy and I'm not sure I'm in the right areas for them to be looking to the surface.

I like what you said about fishing being just fun. It's actually for this reason that I refuse to fish any tournaments. I want this to be one thing in my life that is not competetive. When out fishing, I've even showed plenty of guys my secret spots because I like when we are all catching fish and going home happy...much better memories that way. Glad to hear we're not losing any good knowledge on this board. Maybe catcha out sometime.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Glad you decided to stay Andrew ........... you can probably teach most of us alot of good stuff

Comment

Andrew,

I am also glad you decided to stay. I have enjoyed reading your fishing reports and I hope you continue providing them.
          WS Tarpon 120 Mango

Comment

Very mature turn of events. I am really happy to read that post
            (.......almost as happy as I was when you stopped calling stripers "strippers"..LOL, .one of those posts got my wife's attention and I had some answering up to do!)
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
              Very mature turn of events. I am really happy to read that post
              (.......almost as happy as I was when you stopped calling stripers "strippers"..LOL, .one of those posts got my wife's attention and I had some answering up to do!)
              lol...reminds me of the time when I had SOL on my computer screen at work and someone walks in and is like "Strippers Online" What are you looking at??? lol
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I agree with you Andrew. I have only had a snaggedline account for a couple weeks and realize that it is a little bit more tightly knit. I like Tidal Fish and I also like Snaggedline, but there are 60,010 members on TF and the people are not as close on there as they are on here.
                36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
                20ft C-hawk
                14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter

Comment

Andrew, thank you for your humble post. I don't know who you've been talking to that might have encouraged you to change your stance, but you should talk to him or her more .
                  I saw some of the topwater fishing advice that you gave to another poster, from which I learned a couple things. I look forward to learning more from what you have to share. Thanks for sticking around.
                  Sun Fishin'

Comment

Hey 456, glad to hear you're staying! Also wanted to say congrats on 100 keepers in a month and a half! Maybe you should look into getting a show on WFN...
                    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

You are wise beyond your years, Grasshopper!
                      Hobie PA 12

Comment

Nobody is perfect, but when we are trying to improve ourselves its about growth. One of the best post I have read Congrats.

Comment

Hey another lesson learned, give some decisions a chance for clear thought. Glad you are still here.

Comment

That's good. It sounds like you learned a valuable life lesson and a lot of us do enjoy your threads.
                            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

100 in 1.5 months? No wonder I couldn't get any keeper striper. It's all because of you 456! Lol. Just kidding.

You made a great decision and I am sure that everyone here is glad to see you staying.

Keep the yak report coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X