SRRKC pickerel tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRRKC pickerel tournament

For the past few winters, the Severn River Rod and Keg Club (SRRKC) has held a multi-month pickerel tournament. This year's tournament starts on November 15 and runs through March 14. To be eligible, the pickerel must be caught in the Severn River drainage. The tournament is open to all interested persons -- MKF members are welcome to enter. Payment of the $10 entry fee includes a lifetime membership in the SRRKC.

Please indicate your interest in entering the tournament. The entry fee of $10/person must be paid prior to November 15 (at the November SRRKC meeting or by mail).
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2012-2013 Winter Pickerel Tournament Rules
    Tournament Coordinator: J.A. Veil

Dates: November 15 - March 14th
    Type: 4 months long; Catch & Release only; Post photo showing length to the nearest 1/4 inch (20 inch minimum to make the leader board). Photos must be easy to read to qualify.
    Location: Severn River only (Demarcation Line: Tolly Point (land) to Hacketts Point (land) - includes Whitehall Bay and tributaries )
    Entry Fee: $10/person

Prizes:
    1. Single Longest Pickerel: 50% of prize the money.
    2. Longest Aggregate of 3: 25% of the prize money.
    3. SRRKC Fund: 25% of the prize money.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

I brought this back to the top because the entry deadline is Nov 15. Two MKF members (Reelaxin10 and dsiekman) entered last week. I already entered. So there will be at least three kayak fisherman in the tournament.

I observed that many MKF members enjoyed catching Severn pickerel last winter, and there were relatively few power boats out there. I consider kayaks to give us an edge in working the best places. On the flip side, we lack the ability to run long distances to check out different spots in the same day. The entry fee is $10 -- once you pay that you become an SRRKC member for life. The tournament runs for 4 months, so you will plenty of opportunities to get out and fish.

Any pickerel entered in the tournament (photo evidence next to a measuring device) must be caught in the Severn River or its tributaries. If you like to fish for pickerel in the Severn, consider entering the tournament. The entry deadline for the pickerel tournament is Nov 15. Contact me for entry details.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X