New winter paddling gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New winter paddling gloves

I have a conference in Denver this week. I changed my flight to leave Baltimore Sunday at noon. The weather here is quite nice. I had today as a free day since I flew a day early. I walked around downtown Denver for several hours and discovered a great kayak store -- Confluence Kayaks. I talked with the store employees about kayak preferences in the mountains (mostly white water) and ended up buying a pair of NRS Maverick Gloves in waterproof neoprene. The guy in the store told me that most of the shop employees use this glove in the cold mountain water. It has a lifetime warranty.

I feel prepared for the cold weather now.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

John, you are a lucky man to have exited the area. I hope all is well at your Annapolis area home. The Naval Academy got 7+ inches of rain, and counting. Other areas got close to 10 inches. All the fish in the Severn are probably out in the confines of the channel or halfway to Mozambique by now. It'll be interesting to read some of the first area fishing reports when things calm down.

Nice tip on the gloves. Guess I'll have to make do w/ my $7 Rappala's from Target for now.

Comment

How thick are they? Does it seem like you can still change lures and stuff with them on or would probably have to take them off?
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
        How thick are they? Does it seem like you can still change lures and stuff with them on or would probably have to take them off?
        I only wear gloves when I paddle from the ramp to a fishing spot. Then I take them off while I am fishing. They would be far too thick to tie on lures -- but hopefully they will keep my hands warm.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          I only wear gloves when I paddle from the ramp to a fishing spot. Then I take them off while I am fishing. They would be far too thick to tie on lures -- but hopefully they will keep my hands warm.
          I'm sure they will. Thanks for the info, I am trying to find a descent pair that's water proof and I can keep on while fishing. I know they have fingerless ones and such, but I didn't see any that were waterproof and comfortable for fishing...

Does anyone has any suggestions or advice?
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
          X