everyone OK after SANDY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everyone OK after SANDY?

i hope every bodys ok after this superstorm! we didnt lose power yet but it keeps cutting out and luckily no wind damage

Good for now. We in Maryland dodged a bullet.

Comment

No power loss on my end. Everthing looks good so far.

Comment

neighbors house burned down,my all my community beaches are gone,my pier is under water, many trees on streets and on houses. but i am ok

Comment

Launching at Jonas in 30 min...
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

R U Serious? LOL. Crabbing or Fishing?

Comment

Power out since 8 last night

Comment

Metro, Was that you that the Coast Guard pulled out of the Severn??? LOL My house and grounds made out ok but I'm tired as hell after working the last 32 hrs rescuing stupid people from cars in Baltimore and responding to all types of emergency calls. I'm home now and heading to bed... I may be awake by tomorrow.
                Tom Brown
                Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I didn't have to run my generator. I normally lose power at any storm. I guess all the weak trees nearby have already fallen across the power lines from other storms. On Saturday my son and I got on the roof and cleaned out the gutters and checked the down spouts. We got a few bags of mulch to put in front of our basement door in case or water ponding up there. Last year we had 4 dead or half dead pine trees cut down. I'm convinced all 4 trees would have fallen yesterday and made a mess. Being prepared and taking some proactive steps made this storm not much of an event at my house. Very thankful for no property damage and still amazed that the power did not go out.

Comment

All is intact over here in White Marsh. I thought at times the wind was gonna blow the house over.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Kokatat Pro Staff
                    Torqeedo Pro Staff
                    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                      R U Serious? LOL. Crabbing or Fishing?
                      It was flooded there. Ran the trotline starting in the parking lot toward the beach. Got a bushel in 35 min. No throwbacks!
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

LoL....

Comment

OK here. A big tree fell and took down the power lines and took out the power pole just across the street. We were without power for about 20 hours. Then a convoy of BGE and other power company trucks showed up and made quick work of the mess. I doubled up the dock lines on the ProAngler in the garage, and it seems to have held.

Glad everyone seems to have come out ok.

Comment

Went down to check out our community beach with my daughter and what did I see....5 big rockfish feeding in the shallows, and that is the truth. Big bald eagle saw them too but we scared him off. Water was pretty clear this far down the bay (near elms beach in St Mary's Co) and the tide was really high. Sadly, by the time I ran (ok walked briskly) back to the house for my rod and reel, they had moved on....no structure there to hold fish. I made about 50 casts anyway, no luck.
                            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Other than a few shingles blown off neighbors houses, all is well here in Elkridge (atleast my neighborhood). I havent left the house in a few days, but Im sure old Ellicott City flooded and theres probably some down trees around the area. I brought my yaks inside to ride out the storm just in case. Glad I did because I probably would have been up all night worrying about something happening.
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                              X