No announcement yet.

everyone OK after SANDY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost power last night around midnight, fired up the genny and found a spot on the couch. I was up at 3, 5, and 6 to run the sump pump to keep water out of the garage - float switch is shot. The house came through it just fine. A neighbor had a tree come down on his boat, so we spent a couple hours this afternoon dealing with that. Any excuse to drag out the chain saw...

Glad to hear everyone else is okay.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
      It was flooded there. Ran the trotline starting in the parking lot toward the beach. Got a bushel in 35 min. No throwbacks!
      you run that with the yak or SUV.....
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

A few power outages here in Annapolis, but my neighborhood was spared......however, 4" of water in my basement thanks to a collapsed pipe from an uprooted tree.....sump pump was working, but no place for water to exit. Tired of cleaning up, so I took a break and drove down to check the water conditions of the bay - some debris along the beach and very little floating from the mouth of the Severn and South Rivers leading into the bay; murky soup and little debris floating as I stood at Tolly Point looking toward the Bay Bridge with binoculars. I recall Irene leaving a wake of trees and other junk as water was released from a dam north of the bridge. For those that fished after Irene wreaked havoc, how long did it take for water conditions to improve, a month?? I'm fairly new to the Snaggedline forum, so I'm wondering when to expect any topwater action. I'm assuming most of the fish are hunkered down near structure.......what do I know ? I'm the new guy. Be safe eveyone ! Back to cleaning the basement.

Comment

Alive and well in Columbia!
          Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
          Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
          Northern Pike: 24 inches
          Crappie: 12 inches
          Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Power still out

Comment

Good here... back to work!

Comment

my trees no longer have leaves on them, but besides that everything ok in rockville area.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

glad everyone came through ok, MM you must be on BG&Es $h-t list! i found 3+ gallons of water in my wood burning insert strange because the cap is still on, its drying out now.

i havent heard about conowingo opening any extra flood gates

Comment

Lost power for a day in Easton. Murky water and dock went three inches under at max. Low spots in yard got a foot of water. Lots of branches down, no trees.
                    36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
                    20ft C-hawk
                    14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                      i havent heard about conowingo opening any extra flood gates
                      Conowingo is running floodgates. 2 right now with the possiblity of up to 4 later today.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

The boardwalk and seawall getting tested

This is north of the Indian river bridge which I believe is still closed and took a good portion of rt. 1 into the bay

This is 70th st. In oc before they closed town up to 62nd street

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4974[/ATTACH
                        I hope I did this right lol but this weekend was yet another one that we got by on the skin of our teeth it coulda got ugly really quick. It was weird driving down coastal highway and lookikg up to the dunes and seeing waves break on top of them and having wash spill into the highway and drain into the bay. I think I could live without seeing that again. Hope you guys made out like bandits like i did jere in oc didn't even lose cable or power either I have no idea how we didn't
                        Attached Files
                        Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Comment

I was thinking about you Joe, are the fish still there?
                          Gary

Comment

We got about 5" of moderate rain in northern Frederick County. No major flooding of the smaller streams and creeks, however the Monocacy kicked up pretty high. Furious wind though. We lost power on Monday, 5:00pm, and it just came back on an hour ago (Friday, 8:30pm), total 4 days without power, TV or Internet. Many tall stately backyard pine trees from Thurmont to Emmitsburg blew over taking the powerlines with them.
                            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
                            X