No announcement yet.

Anyone Fishing this weekend and where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Fishing this weekend and where?

I was thinking of checking out the Hooper Island Bridge for Stripers, but I am not sure how the water would have effected them that far south. Never fished there from a yak, but I located the free launch. This trip is dependent on the winds on Sat since that area is exposed.

I get home from Denver on Fri afternoon. I intend to launch my kayak in Weems Creek or at Jonas Green on Sat.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I took this Friday off a while back to go fishing...I was going to go to Rudee inlet or Kiptopeke, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to fish there while they're still trying to clean things up after the storm.

My backup plans were St. Jerome's, Mattawoman, or Jonas Green...anyone have intel on how things are in any of those places? Anyone available to fish Friday?
      Sun Fishin'

Comment

Sun...how about piney Point??? St Clements Island? If you come to St Mary's Co I'm in
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Went today on The eastern shore, muddy water, had to put the lure right infront of them. Caught some nice white perch and a surprise yellow perch.
          36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
          20ft C-hawk
          14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter

Comment

Hoopers area is land at water level, it floods for just normal rain. I would think that the water there will be very dirty for at least a week due to all the run off.

Comment

Thanks Matt. Now to come up with an alternative location. I hear it may be breezy on Saturday. That would rule out Hoopers area also.

Comment

Bennetts point, high tide at 0800, wind NW at 12-15k gs to 20k not the best but it never is
                Last edited by surfdog; 11-01-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I like the time for High tide, but the winds again....man.

Comment

Westside and south should be better than eastside, a lot more run off over there.

Comment

Anyone taken a looked at the bay around St Jerome/PLO? I wonder if the water is doo doo brown or clear.

Comment

tuesday was clear no idea now

Comment

Due to winds, I am going to launch at 7:30am at the protected Weems Creek. See anyone there........

Comment

Working...
                          X