fishing better or worse after sandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing better or worse after sandy

Hey everyone just curious if youve noticed better or worse fishing since sandy hit. I was reading some reports on pierandsurf of people catchin rock blues spot perch and even a drum off the beach.

Depends on what type of fishing. Top water is worse, the water is a lot colder and the fishing in general has been a slight bit worse, but it should pick up.
    36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
    20ft C-hawk
    14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter

Comment

Topwater is what i was worried about. I plan on hittin the severn tuesday and poppin the rocks. Hopefully we can get something

Comment

The water in Weems Creek was much cooler and clearer than last week. We had to work hard, but did find some fish this morning.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Were ya using topwater and swim baits?

Comment

Originally posted by c-villefisherr408 View Post
            Were ya using topwater and swim baits?
            I used a 1/16 oz jighead with 2" Gulp minnow grub in pearl white on one rod and a Strike King microking spinnerbait in sun perch color on a second rod. I caught most on the Gulp, but then again I threw it more often. The guy fishing with me tried orange Gulp with no luck, and caught both of his pickerel on another microking spinnerbait like the one that I used.

I rarely throw hard plastic lures -- I just have not had much success with them (probably user error rather than any fault of the lures). One tip for pickerel is to keep the lures small (2" to 4"). Even when fishing live minnows, I do much better with smaller minnows rather than the fat 5" ones.

I think Martin and Mustafa were throwing soft plastics or Gulps too.
            John Veil
            Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

No rockfish or any other species?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by c-villefisherr408 View Post
                  Martin got several other species. Scott and I caught only pickerel.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis

Comment

Working...
                  X