Capt Brady Bounds Walkon trip Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt Brady Bounds Walkon trip Sunday

Cheap and looks very interesting ......... catching 30+ class fish in the area ...... 2 slots open ..... ya snooze ya lose

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...mons-Boat-Ramp

well ya snoozed ....... it's booked

Comment

Guys if you missed out, be assured there will be future opportunities. It is my intention to fish every day that is weather-suitable this month and if I do not have obligations on those calm, light wind days, I'll be offering walk-ons.

For those that do not know, a walk-on is where you share the fishing trip with other anglers. You must respond quickly when the offer is put into the public domain. The best way to respond is to my cellphone (301)904-0471 or email captbradybounds@gmail.com

Once I confirm your seat, all you must do is show up at departure time.
      Last edited by Capt Brady Bounds; 11-09-2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Where is your launch site, Captain? I rarely power boat fish anymore, but would support someone who supports us-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

This time of year, I have been out of Solomons Public Boat Ramp or Buzz's Marina in Ridge MD. for the last two weeks.

In a week or so, I'll be out of Buzzs Marina exclusively, unless a slug of fish come into the Pax in December. Check buzzsmarina.com for location.

Comment

I fish out of St. J's Creek a lot, too- I have caught some really nice specks and keeper rock there- also like the Clark's Landing area-
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Here's the report for today.

11/10/12 Potomac River out of Piney Pt.MD

sixty plus released, two anglers, with spinning rods. Biggest fish 33" and a 30". Too many in the twenties to keep track. Fish are as fat as footballs, and some with lice. Every one caught on 3/4 jighead and 6"BKD albino, bouncing bottom. Tried the 10" but no joy.

Sorry, as there is a tournament out of Colonial Beach this weekend, I cannot divulge the location. However the depth was right around 38'. Found them the olde school way without birds, but with HDS Side Scan. I determined that most bait schools were on the thirty-eighth contour line, and I just started searching that line up and down the river until I found predators mixed in them.

However this olde dog learned a new trick. Tide was going out which was flowing SE. The wind was blowing from the SE. I put the stern into the wind and cut the motor ,but was still able to steer the boat. My guys just cast out at three and nine o'clock every time another pod of marks came under us, and by the time their lures were aft, they were hooked up.

Trollers passing by us had no clue.

Comment

Great trip with a great Capt.

Launched from Solomons with 3 other fishermen ........ Rhill from this board, his father and a friend. Capt Brady tried some spots on the way south with no love ......... the winds and the seas weren't exactly flat as expected ......... Capt Brady fought 2-4 ft seas most of the days but I was impressed at how dry the boat was and the good Capt's efforts to keep the ride smooth as possible. We arrived at the secret spot that they caught a ton the day before ......... no birds and no fish.

Capt Brady went on the hunt ............. finally ...... well into Virginia we found them .......... birds working all over the place and a bunch of charters trolling but not catching ........ neither were we .......... finally after 3 pods we started catching ......... 1's and 2's ....... mostly small well under the 18" ............

Capt Brady worked bird pods after bird pods and we were catching some keepers ........ then I had a nice one on and the line broke on a line stripping run eventhough the drag was smooth and properly set .......... then Brian's (RHILL) dad landed a VERY fat 33" striper ........... oh did I mention this was his Christmas present .... what a great present ........

Me ..... I kept getting dinks that kept getting smaller and smaller ......... Brian kept getting keeper after keeper ........ can't really say it was a blitz but we were getting fish ........ 7 when the tide changed and the birds and pelicans sat down ............

Started heading back north when we ran into more birds working ........... this time it was my turn ............ they were all nice fish 25 - 28 range I guess ......... first 2 went in the box to limit us out

........ I had a fish on and landed every cast as did the other guys .......... a couple of time we had 3 on at a time ............ I think I had 5 of 6 before that blitz ended .......... then the 20 - 30 mile run home .......

Wasn't the easiest fishin but my hat is off to Capt Brady ......... he doesn't quit until he has them ...... we had to have traveled a good 80 miles or more to get the fish and we caught more than any of the other charters we saw out there and there was a bunch of them. I was totally impressed with how dry the boat was and how well it handled in rough seas as well as the Capt's ability to make the ride as smooth as possible and his ability and tenacity to get you on fish ......great day on the water ......
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Memory Maker; 11-12-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I second that Rick. It was a good trip with a good hearted captain. I commend Capt. for his persistance and putting us on some nice sized fish. Most charter captains I have been out with would not have went through the trouble or made that long of a run to get nice sized fish. We probably could have caught small fish where we left from but he was determined to get us on some pig's before the day was done.....and he did in fact do that. Capt. Brady has a good sense of humor and it was a pleasure fishing on his boat. I would definately recommend his services to anyone interested and plan to do it again when I am able. It was nice meeting you Rick and had a good time fishing with you. Glad you ended out the day with a bang. Thanks again Capt. Brady for a good day on the water. You are a good man and an excellent Capt. Ryan

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the compliments ! What does this have to do with kayak fishing ? Well I'm the same guide that offers mothership and yak taxi service. It was an idea ahead of it's time, never the less, both Memory Maker and Rhill saw my operation and gave me some insight into the general difficulties associated with putting yaks onto fish this time of year. While we did not have yaks this particuliar trip because it started off as a walk-on solicitation on tidalfish.com, it was an eye opener, I think, for my guys as to possible future kayak / guide boat adventures.

It was my pleasure to have guided kayakers with or without their watercraft.

Comment

Yeah ....... well Brian ........you banged em all day ....... I couldn't figure what were doing differently ...... all I could figure out is the fish Gods were against me ........... You caught most in the box ......... and yeah ........ great meeting and fishin with you ....let's do it again it'll be fun ...... glad you could give your dad such an awesome Christmas gift .......... hope to yak fish with you in the future ...........

Capt ......... lookin forward to maybe using the taxi service for the rips this winter .......... maybe I'll remember to film it this time ......... still kicking myself for not filming when the silversides came along side of the boat and the stripers were bustin them 6" under the water .....lasted 20 seconds at most ..... 1 of those unique opportunities for this camera and I missed it !!!!!!!!!!! I'll learn ........ someday ..... hopefully

Comment

Working...
                      X