Holey Cow!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holey Cow!!!

i just eyewitnessed a 53"r that was weighed at Anglers.
    Last edited by Southerly; 05-30-2013, 05:59 PM.

I just saw the pic on Angler's FB page. That was Jeremy, the president of the Washington D.C. MSSA chapter. The other guys is Kevin, he is a member. Real cool guys...that's a lotta fish!

Comment

saw it on fb too, wow!

"51" 48lbs caught off of Sandy Point on a 21 Tony spoon 200ft. behind the boat with 3 ounces of weight. Captain Jeremy Bendler, Angler Kevin Corbin"
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

The big girls are back-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I thought the really big ones went out to the ocean and then come back in to spawn. Why was this guy here?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

There is a short article and photo on Tidalfish this morning.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...A-Fall-Tourney

Sad to see that angler's big moment tainted by too many loudmouths on Tidalfish. I'm glad we have a minimum of that sort of behavior here on snaggedline.com
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Everyone has there opinion. Pics on a boat look just a nice as ones in a parking lot, I can understand where theyre coming from. That being said, I kill a lot of legal fish!

It amazes me at how much weight they put on once they reach a certain length. I caught a 44" last spring and it only weighed 35# This fish was 7 inches bigger, and nearly 20 pounds heavier!!!!! Awesome fish.
              -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
              -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

No offense but I understand Geometry, I got a D JK. But I dont think a fish that doubles in length will also double its girth, that would make for a lot of round fish.

The current IGFA all tackle record is 81 pounds, and measured 54" Thats 3 inches bigger than the fish in this post, and 30 POUNDS HEAVIER!!

Article about the record catch:
                http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos...ode-1001451179

Im sure weve all caught fish of similar lengths that varied significantly in weight, I know I have.
                -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

I know I weigh more than a friend my hieght. I am sure it is just all the extra muscle though...
                  Jim

Hobie Outback
                  TKAA member
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I'm Kevin, Jeremy's fishing partner from this past weekend. I can't believe how lucky I am to have been involved with this catch. I usually kayak fish... don't have my own big boat. Amongst my fishing friends I am the one most likely to rig small baits, just to try and catch anything. That's why kayak fishing works so well for me... catching something big is nice but I'm ok with going out and catching anything. I guess last Saturday we just happened to hit the fishing lotto
                    James, hope to see you soon at a mssa meeting or on the water.

Comment

Hey Kevin!! Man I have moved and my schedule has changed that has made getting to the MSSA meetings impossible. I do miss learning all the new stuff there. We definitely need to hook up on the water man! You got any trips planned?

Comment

Nothing in the calendar, but I do have cold weather gear so I plan to continue fishing into the Fall and Winter. I'd like to go surf fishing on Assateague at some point. I'll drop you a line if I make any definite plans.
                        Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                        You got any trips planned?

Comment

heard of several more 45" plus caught in the main bay, Sharps Island, buoy 72 and the likes. the fall run has def begun.

Safety Dog: I plan on hitting AI this coming monday, fishing most of the night, and tuesday morning. Should be good fishing. lemme know if your interested in joining. I dont have an OSV pass so I camp in the national park. Have had pretty good "luck" there
                          -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
                            I plan on hitting AI this coming monday, fishing most of the night, and tuesday morning.
                            I've got to work at least Mon & Tues next week, so unfortunately I can't join you. I appreciate the thought, though. good luck!

Comment

Working...
                            X