Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKF Vets and servicemen! Thanking you.Thankful for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKF Vets and servicemen! Thanking you.Thankful for you.

MKF Vets and servicemen:

I was certain not start fishing til the afternoon today because I wanted to be in church for Veteran's day service ....mainly to thank the Lord for men and women like you who have secured our freedom AND to ask for protection for all those still in harms way.

My dad served in the Air Force, I came of age between wars and did not serve. I have always been very proud of my Dad's service. It is an enduring challenge to me to do something of eternal value for my neighbor with my life.

Vets/service men: Your dedication...the 1% of American who serve....wow. I am truly humbled and grateful.

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die." -G.K. Chesterton
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Thanks for the kind words to our veterans. We appreciate the recognition.

11th Armored Calvary, Blackhorse Regiment, Vietnam, 1970-1971

Attached Files
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

you're welcome- FITRON 102-1965-69, USS America, USS Independence
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks for the recognition. Many here don't know that I am a Veteran. I served in the USMC from 1979-1983 after being wounded in the bombing of the Marine Corps Barracks in Beruit, Lebanon in October 1983. Part of the reason I volunteered to start the MD Heroes on the Water chapter was because I felt like I wasn't finished my job as a Marine. I wanted to give back to the men and woman that carry on the tradition of standing on the wall protecting my family as well as the rest of the free world. Thank You to all that serve and continue to serve and protect both domestically and abroad.
        2nd Batt 9th Marine Reg.
        Last edited by medicyaker; 11-11-2012, 09:46 PM.
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
          Thanks for the recognition. Many here don't know that I am a Veteran. I served in the USMC from 1979-1983 after being wounded in the bombing of the Marine Corps Barracks in Beruit, Lebanon in October 1983. Part of the reason I volunteered to start the MD Heroes on the Water chapter was because I felt like I wasn't finished my job as a Marine and wanted to give back to the men and woman that carry on the tradition of standing on the wall protecting my family as well as the rest of the free world. Thank You to all that serve both domestically and abroad.
          2nd Batt 9th Marine Reg.
          In a post 9/11 world, many have forgotten the horror of that day. When that happened, I had dropped out of school, gotten married and had a 1 month old son .....thought I had life by the tail. Turned on the TV and BAM....shook me up. Realized things had to change...soon I was back at University, studying to be a teacher, vowing to make a difference. Glad to meet a survivor.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughtful words. I am very proud to have served my country! Yes, there are MANY women who served as well. We make/made sacrifices as well. Have you ever talk to a female who has served in "Nam" ??? We are here too!
            2015 Outback
            2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

I can only second Kevinfry's comments and say a big THANKS!!!! I am fortunate enough to work alongside all of the branches of the armed forces and take pride that what I get to do is partly giving back to them. I could tell you more... but then I would have to kill people, and that gets ugly... Again THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE!
              Keith
              2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I add my big thanks also! Most of my family was in the armed services and I went into the fire service. I work with soldiers every week through Project Healing Waters at Ft. Meade and am constantly reminded of their sacrifices.

Comment

Originally posted by kitkatyaker View Post
                  Thanks for the thoughtful words. I am very proud to have served my country! Yes, there are MANY women who served as well. We make/made sacrifices as well. Have you ever talk to a female who has served in "Nam" ??? We are here too!
                  I meant serviceMEN in the universal sense Kitkat....certainly not intended to exclude female soldiers and sailors....neither do i want to exclude Coast Guard vets ( i grew up in Coast Guard town in Oregon).
                  I must say Kat...most impressive...

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                    I meant serviceMEN in the universal sense Kitkat....certainly not intended to exclude female soldiers and sailors....neither do i want to exclude Coast Guard vets ( i grew up in Coast Guard town in Oregon).
                    I must say Kat...most impressive...
                    Hey Kev,
                    I didn't mean to jump on you although I guess it did sound that way. It's just that far too often female vet's are excluded from not only the conversation, but the thought as well. I am sure there are other female MKF'ers out there, but I haven't met them yet and I want to be sure they realize they are welcomed here too; especially if they are also vets. Just trying to do my part and be inclusive.... someone has to REPRESENT!!

Okay, I am off my soap box now...back to being Kitkat..
                    much love brother..
                    2015 Outback
                    2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Thanks. Navy, MCB 74, 1972-1974, reserves 1975-1978.

Comment

well said!
                        sigpic

Comment

Great thread! Thanks to all our service men and women!
                          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                          X