Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fish Finder ( I am in the market for one )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an elite x5 dsi gold by lowrance. It's nice, cool features, navionics on the GPS, down imaging can see through the hull with no problems, I can mark fish with the dsi and tell different types of structure with it. The bad.. The screen needs to be lit at all times in order to see, especially in direct sunlight. Make sure you have a good battery.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
      I have an elite x5 dsi gold by lowrance. It's nice, cool features, navionics on the GPS, down imaging can see through the hull with no problems, I can mark fish with the dsi and tell different types of structure with it. The bad.. The screen needs to be lit at all times in order to see, especially in direct sunlight. Make sure you have a good battery.
      I am wondering if the elite x5 dsi has more issues under direct sun light. I tilt my FF angle when it happens.
      BTW, When I had light on (back ground light), my 7ah battery lasts about 8-10 hours. The same battery last 70+ hours without light turned on. So when I fish at night, I use my head light to see the screen. I stopped turning on the FF light at night
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

The only one u should have to worry bout not bein able to see are the grey scale ones. Mark 5x mark 5x pro etc. Mark 4 isnt bad cuz its black and white color instead of grey scale. Thrtrd no way u have an elite 5x gold with gps. The x in the title indicates no gps

Comment

*theres

Comment

I have the Hummingbird 385ci. It was designed for kayaks. It has a GPS integrated into it and has a memory card slot for any of the may styles of add ons on the market like the Navionics Chip for the US. I have the lakes fishin chip. I have on my phone the Navionics marine version for $10. If you get the one from Navionics for the Hummingbird its $200. The 385ci has a color display and is VERY USER FRIENDLY. I have the installed the transducer via Duct Putty and have no problem with that installation method either. I just don't get the water temp.
            Tom Brown
            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
            X