Does anyone have plans for Friday 11/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have plans for Friday 11/16

I'm looking to get out this Friday if anyone is interested, send me a pm. Thanks all

me, too- thinking about the 301 Harry Nice bridge launching out of Aqualand marina- $8.00
    The reason- PEPCO Power Plant hot ditch discharge focuses the fish on a dependable, consistent food source
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I'm about 75 miles away, but may make the trip. What timeframe were you thinking about?

Comment

I am actually on the fence going back and forth between Harry Nice or Bay Bridge. Was going to look at the weather and decide. Might drive the exra miles and try Harry Nice if there are going to be a few more kayakers out and about.
        -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Wife has invited company over Friday with twin three month old babies so I am "domesticated" for Friday- I am going fishing tomorrow right after my Doctor's appointment- figure launch at 10-11 a.m. Aqualand is last exit immediately before the toll plaza on the Harry Nice Bridge- $8.00 launch fee- very short paddle (or in my case "peddle") to the hot ditch-

If I was close to the Bay Bridge, I would be all over it like a hobo on a baloney sandwich-

Comment

I cannot do the week days since I have to work. If I do not fish Sat, then I might attempt crabbing mission or just do yard work.

Comment

Yard work?

YARD WORK?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
                Yard work?

YARD WORK?!?!?!
                Yeah Yard Work IF I cannot decide on anywhere to go or anyone to go with....

Comment

Well wife told me she has something to do Saturday and Sunday. Only problem is deciding where to fish. Count me in.

Comment

Moc- I took off this week after working the political campaign for the last few months- promised the family I would stay home without getting on an airplane for at least a week- so looking at the weather forecast and the "social" calendar, today is the only day this week that looks "doable."

I put in a really long day at Piney Point the other day for the fish I caught- must have trolled 20 miles dragging two stretch 25's and a #18 Tony Spoon- the fish I marked were in small pods clustered along the 35-40 foot level about 25-30 foot deep- figure they were eating alewife that were in small schools-

Today I am going up the river about ten miles to the Morgantown PEPCO generator station at the Harry Nice Bridge where there is a cooling water discharge about two hundred yards down from the bridge- that tends to concentrate fish in the warm water discharge- I won't have to search for miles- they will be around the mouth of that and slightly downstream of the ditch- there is always current there no matter what the tides, so it isn't as dependent on time of day or weather conditions- over the years this has been a great winter fishery- with dropping water temps, this should be a place you can get a fish-

Comment

Ron- How'd you do trolling the stretch's ? I have two of them I need to try out pretty soon around the BB.
                      Shane
                      Hobie Outback

Comment

I found out that I have to pick up my grandchildren at two o'clock on Friday. I can still go out in the morning, but cannot go as far as southern Maryland. I am still up for a Bay Bridge trip if you are interested. I just need to get off the water by about twelve thirty. Let me know.

Originally posted by quikdrive View Post
                        I am actually on the fence going back and forth between Harry Nice or Bay Bridge. Was going to look at the weather and decide. Might drive the exra miles and try Harry Nice if there are going to be a few more kayakers out and about.

Comment

Working...
                        X