Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife now hates Dsiekman!

Howdy All!

My name is Dennis and i'm friends with Dsiekman. He pointed me in this direction now that I just picked up a new Perception Sport Pescador 12 Angler Kayak from amazon for $466.00 shipped to my door. My wife now hates him since it was all his idea spend money on a Kayak (at least I told her it was all his idea!). I live in Severna Park and grew up fishing the magothy and the bay. I have fished ALOT, everything from brookies with a 4wt to working as an offshore mate in college fishing for tuna and marlin, but I have never done the Kayak thing. With all that said I'm hoping to peak around, pick up a few tips and tricks and maybe this kayak thing will turn out to be another one of my addictions.

-D

Welcome to the addiction Capt-Dbag!

John, Dennis wants in on the SRRKC pickerel tournament if it isn't too late. Can you point him in the right direction?
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Slow your roll before you start spending more of my money! I need to get this thing rigged right before I start winning all these tourneys!

-D

PS bight my Dbag!

Comment

Dennis -

You are welcome to enter the SRRKC pickerel tournament, but you must enter today. You do not need to be a member -- by entering and paying the $10 entry fee, you become an SRRKC member for life.

You can pmail me your intention to enter by midnight tonight. Then you will need to mail a check to me very soon -- I can provide a mailing address offline.

On a safety note, I'm sure you are enthusiastic about trying out your new kayak. The water temp is below 50 deg now and will only get colder. If you do head out in the kayak, please make sure you have the appropriate protective gear. This is important for all kayak fishermen, but even more so for guys who are not yet familiar with the feel of their kayaks. A capsizing in cold water could prove to be more than embarrassing -- the SRRKC wants all of its participants to come home safely on every trip.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

John,

I will wait on the tourney for now but have no problem joining the club. They dont even deliver the yak till Monday and I still have stuff to figure out on how I wanna rig it. I will be trying out the yak first at one of my hunting property because I plan on using it duck hunting to retrieve ducks on the days no dog is around. I have neoprene chest waders (with belt) for those days and have used kayaks before for that purpose, just not my own.

-D

PS I'm thinking on naming the yak "Dead Duck" or "The Dead Duck" Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt-D View Post
            John,

I will wait on the tourney for now but have no problem joining the club. They dont even deliver the yak till Monday and I still have stuff to figure out on how I wanna rig it. I will be trying out the yak first at one of my hunting property because I plan on using it duck hunting to retrieve ducks on the days no dog is around. I have neoprene chest waders (with belt) for those days and have used kayaks before for that purpose, just not my own.

-D

PS I'm thinking on naming the yak "Dead Duck" or "The Dead Duck" Thoughts?
            Perhaps "Lame Duck" would be more appropriate. I've always thought "Fish Taco" was a good name. I'll claim it if no one else is using it.

I'll cover your entry fee since I talked you into it if you're interested. We're being admitted Monday to have the baby, so I'm hoping to be back out fishing by Friday...

For the record, I'm sure you're wife isn't the only wife out there that hates me!
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

No worries on the whole hate thing. I used the cost of yoga analogy and she ate it up (actually depressed me a little to learn how much i'm really spending a year on said yoga!).

Comment

Actually, my wife probably hates me right now, too!

Seriously though, say the word and I'll cover your entry fee. I'm not fishing alone all winter and I'm not interested in hearing, "I should have joined that **** tournament" every time you catch a fish!
                Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
                  We're being admitted Monday to have the baby, so I'm hoping to be back out fishing by Friday...

For the record, I'm sure you're wife isn't the only wife out there that hates me!
                  I can't believe you are pushing your luck like that. Wives tend to have long memories.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

What can I say, I like to live on the edge! Actually, she pointed out that if we weren't going in until later on Monday there would be no reason I couldn't fish Monday morning.
                    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Interesting back and forth LOL

Welcome to the addiction... Seriously I've been bitten real good!
                      -Mustafa
                      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                      2016 Hobie Outback
                      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Yeah, we've been fishing together for more than ten years now and have been giving each other a hard time since day one.
                        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
                          Yeah, we've been fishing together for more than ten years now and have been giving each other a hard time since day one.
                          Thats cause your jealous of da skilz!!!!

-D

Comment

Like a fish outta water! Capt-D in his new yak...

Congrats, buddy, looking forward to getting out there! Glad you finally found a boat that won't give you so much trouble in skinny water...;0
                            Attached Files
                            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                            X