heading to texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heading to texas

just wanted to know if anyone has fished around corpus christy texas. i will be visiting my inlaws for xmas and will be there for a week or so. would really like to find a guide that someone has some knowledge about. if not im going to rent a yak a venture out on my own.

Fishing in the Corpus area is good. Check out www.texasfishingforum.com and www.texaskayakfisherman.com

There are a lot of places to fish. Rockport, Port Aransas, Port O'Connor, San Antonio Bay, Laguna Madre....too many places. Trout, reds, flounder. Offshore. Anything you want to do.

Those websites should get you going in the right direction to find fish. I was born and raised not far from there. What dates are you going to be there?
    Last edited by echo5oscar; 11-16-2012, 05:45 PM. Reason: .

Comment

going to be there on the 26 of dec. stay a week maybe two. do you have a favorite spot to fish down there? i only get down there around xmas time for the last couple years, but never got to fish. what lures or bait do you recomend? would really like to have a guide but im not paying someone 400 dollars to go fishing with me.

Comment

All of them. It's been a long long time since I have fished down there. Joined the Marines after high school and after 12 years, it out and moved here to be with my wife. I do, however, have the week between Christmas and New Years off. Now I am trying to get down there...

Comment

I would suggest staying on those sites a much as possible to find places to fish. You can see what they are using. Saltwater assassins work great, as well as live bait...(shrimp, mullet). There are also some oil/natural gas rigs not far off of the beach, some being as close as a mile or two. Whole different list of species out there.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
            X