Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got dunked twice one day in 49-50F water while Tog Fishing (Nov 20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Joe! Glad you are ok! when I saw that you had posted I was happy to see that you were able to go and fish again, but not to experience something like this!

Thank you for the video, it helps to see it and learn from it rather than seeing it for the first time while it is happening to you.... something that I'm sure can lead to panicking.

You mentioned that you had about a quart of water in your waders... how tight was your belt?
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post

You mentioned that you had about a quart of water in your waders... how tight was your belt?
      A quart is not an accurate statement. I misled. I should have said “average amount of the water”
      Here are the accurate statements:
      The amount of the water inside the wader was about 1/2 quarts after the first dunk. I was in the water about 2 minutes. And the belt (non-stretchable) was very tight.

However after the second dunk, the amount of the water inside the wader was 1.5 quarts. I was in the water for 2.5 minutes because I had to look for my helmet camera. I didn’t recognize for 10 seconds that the helmet had come off my head when I was tossed. And the belt was not very tight.

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Ok, I don't know about the rest of you Bubbahs but I would have been done after the first swim! Lol

I'm glad you are OK Joe!

GB

Comment

Joe,

Glad you are OK but I do remember the 1st time I met you at Algonkian. You had just come out of the water (in the 50's) in your wetsuit. You have been taking video under water. I know you are well prepared for anything.

Ernie

Comment

Working...
          X