Ipad Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipad Apps

Just bought an iPad ......... what apps are best for marine weather, winds, waves and navigation. Got a waterproof case and a floating case so I can use it on the yak .......... not sure but I think it will fit in the tackle tray under the cutting board .........

Under your cutting board? Why not use the iPad to its full potential and replace your cutting board!

Joking aside, I have read good reviews of iNavX. I found out about it from someone else on the board.
    I also use Windfinder for wind forecasts of my preferred fishing locations.
    Sun Fishin'

Comment

Sun .... thanks for the info

Yeah ........ could've used the wind app last year ....... fished the ships and it was rough all day ....... called 1 of our guys and found it was calm on the VB side ..... wind app would have made it a better day ........

Also .... can't replace the cutting board ......... Yakattack engraved Memory Maker on it .......

Comment

There is an Android version of this app too, if anyone is interested. I have it loaded on my Android phone.

Comment

I have iNavX and like it. You can use it with free NOAA charts which are good. You can also extend by buying other charts. It also has all sorts of chart plotting features that I don't use.

The NOAA live Doppler app is good for keeping an eye on the weather, assuming your iPad has 3G.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Navionics is a nice all in one app just $10.

Comment

MultiTide gives tide, max and min current, sunrise and sunset data for all of the normal reporting stations. Meant for iPhone but works just as well on iPad. I also use Simple Charts which like the others mentioned overlays NOAA charts on satellite photos as well as your current position on the charts.

Comment

Yeah ........ 3g Verizon ......... was shopping for an IPAD2 basic for my daughter's family for Christmas and came a deal on a IPAD2 wi fi 3g 32 gig .. it is a open box ....... My daughter said they would never use the 3g so I got it for myself .......... my girlfriend is getting me the Lifeproof Nuud waterproof cover and the floating cover so it should be indestructible ........ will probably activate the 3g but haven't decided ......

How do you get the other charts .......... can you get them thru INAVX website ......... I'd be interested in the Navionisc 3d charts if they are available

Comment

double post

Comment

How do you get the other charts .......... can you get them thru INAVX website ......... I'd be interested in the Navionisc 3d charts if they are available
                    you add them through the app. they have a bunch of navionics available including fishnchips, goldmarine and hotmaps. i'm not sure if the app can handle 3d.

on a side note, 3D?? really? like, underwater 3d? man would i love to see an underwater 3D map of the bb.
                    Mike S.
                    Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I'll second or 3rd the comment on the Navionics app. It is among the best $10 I've spent on my iPhone. Charts, tides, pictures of the places you will fish, and the ability to track where you've been. Excellent app.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall_Timbers_Kayaker View Post
                        I'll second or 3rd the comment on the Navionics app. It is among the best $10 I've spent on my iPhone. Charts, tides, pictures of the places you will fish, and the ability to track where you've been. Excellent app.
                        Yep, but I think the iPad app is more like $50. It is just the phone app that is cheap.

I'd also suggest Angry Birds for when the fish aren't biting...
                        LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by Tall_Timbers_Kayaker View Post
                          Yep, but I think the iPad app is more like $50. It is just the phone app that is cheap.

I'd also suggest Angry Birds for when the fish aren't biting...
                          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                          X