What's on your XMAS/Holiday List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on your XMAS/Holiday List?

It's that time of year everyone... what is everyone asking for, for the holidays?

I'm getting some new Columbia gear...winter coat, hoody, and some LS tech shirts.

Might buy myself two more Overboard Rods, which also means I might have to buy a new reel or two haha.
    www.overboardfishingrods.com

And I suggested to my girlfriend to get me some stuff from these two fishing clothing companies..

www.skinnywaterculture.com
    www.avidgear.com

Since I just ordered the Torqeedo, A Go Pro will be the last big item to complete my ensemble. I don't even count rods and reels as you can never have too many.

Comment

Not much- pretty much got what I need for both kayaks- got plenty of rods/reels/tackle- probably nothing in the fishing lineup- maybe a new gun-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I can't trust anyone here to get what I ask for even if I furnish exact part numbers. They all just get what they think I'd like or need. That being said, I ask for gift cards. Bass Pro are good, but to get member points you have to go in with visa or mc. There ya have it, if you guys are chipping in to get me a gift make it a visa gift card (or one of those talked about "new" MKF shirts} :-)

Comment

Getting a Wheeleze Cart and Lifejacket and Nuud Ipad covers ......... bought myself an iPad .......... Inav ? app ....... turtlenecks .... sweaters ..... 2 St Croix blanks .......

Comment

I think I'm all set on fishing gear/tackle... but I may get an overboard to try out next season. I did however buy myself two hooray it's cyber monday gifts - a ram transducer arm so that I can swap my fish finder between any kayak with a 1" ram ball (I have the ram wedge mount for the mast hole so it is really nice to be able to hop in a hobie and have my electronics ready to go) and the scotty disks for adjusting my rocket launcher to different angles on the fly like a ram tube. I'll give a review on both once I get them in.
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

those overboard rods look pretty slick, not to expensive either.
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Mike ......... thanks for the idea .......... my next project .........

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled View Post
                  those overboard rods look pretty slick, not to expensive either.
                  I've been extremely impressed with them. The floating grip takes a little bit getting used to, but after that your good to go. The Casting rods fit your hand more naturally, so there is less getting used to with them.

They also just released the standard split grip cork handle rods. Also, They are one sale thorugh XMAS I think if you like them on Facebook.

Comment

I think my parents and grandparents are combining to get me the lowrance elite dsi fish finder. Also hopefully the girlfriend will be getting me the GoPro hero 2 remote to make filming easier. The overboard rods def do look nice and that'll be an investment I make myself.
                    Shane
                    Hobie Outback

Comment

Christmas came early for me!! My wife gave me the goods just prior to our Kipto outing:

Just what I wanted! I was gonna ask for the floating radio, but it will stay leashed at all times right along with my pliers! Now as far as what I am getting myself??? Probably nothing much. I am, however, gonna get the components to complete my rod build.

Comment

..... oh and a Polar Bear Cooler with Memory Maker monogrammed on it ........ the 48 pack size ....... silver/gray to match the Yak

Comment

Wife getting me hummingbird fish finder and battery.
                          2012 hobie outback
                          2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

I've got an NRS Semi-Dry Top coming from someone in the family. I'll feel much better about hitting the cold water.

Comment

Elite 4, nrs pants to go with my top, maybe a new 500 series reel for a UL I'm planning to build. Thought about a baitrunner, but then I figured out I can use my Avet for live lining...and I LOVE that freaking reel! Maybe another one of those...
                              LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                              Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                              X