Who is fishing this Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is fishing this Weekend?

Anyone going out this weekend? If so where and when? What fish will you be targeting?

Hope to go out Sunday or Monday yo the Northeast river
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

I'm looking to get out Martin. I would like to get into Stripers while they are still in season, but I'm game for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
        Hope to go out Sunday or Monday yo the Northeast river
        How has the bite been up your way Doc.

Comment

Do not know. Have not been out for weeks.
          http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
          484-459-9863
          If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
          *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Thinking about another Piney Point trip for stripers- not sure which day yet-
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I am thinking stripers too. I am just not sure if I will attempt something on Sat or Sun Morning. It will be 60 degrees on Sunday.

Comment

I'm in for some stripers Sun.
                Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Are there still stripers being caught at the bay bridge? I'm planing on going tomorrow morning
                  Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                  -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                  -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I have heard so many bad reports from the Bay Bridge that I will try somewhere else. Maybe the day I skip the Bay Bridge is the day that they turn on. Is anything happening at Hooper Island? Or the Mouth of the Severn? Kent Narrows?

Comment

Yeah, I've read the same but by boat I've read people catching fish so I think it depends on who's fishing the area and weather or not they know what there doing. As far as the spot you mentioned, I have no clue never fished them. My back up plan is to head more east to tuckahoe and tear up the pickerel.
                      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Has anyone been in the Severn lately? I would not mind trying to get a few white perch. I ate the last of what I had in the freezer and could use a few more.

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
                          Has anyone been in the Severn lately? I would not mind trying to get a few white perch. I ate the last of what I had in the freezer and could use a few more.
                          I have not tried for perch in the deeper areas of the Severn for a while. They are very infrequent in the shallow shoreline areas I typically work. The pickerel bite had been hot a few weeks ago, but seemed to slow down recently. I hope to get out this afternoon to target them with a slightly different approach that worked well this time last year.

There may be rockfish occupying some of the bottom structure in the Severn. I have seen several MKF members jig up stripers to 23" on debris piles and lumps. You could encounter perch at the same spots if you use a smaller teaser lure along with your main jig.
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis
                          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have never tried the debris piles before on the Severn....have anyone had any luck there lately?

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                              I have never tried the debris piles before on the Severn....have anyone had any luck there lately?
                              No luck jigging over the old naval academy bridge or rail road bridge last friday. I caught one 11" WP in the cove just up river of Jonas Green and had a couple other tugs, one of which I think was a Pick. The WP was the only fish I caught in 4 hours. I used gulp swimming mullet, minnow, and grub, and even tried a tiny chatterbait tipped with a gulp grup in the cove. I jigged BKD with and w/o teaser, metal, and gulp swimming mullet over the debris areas out in the river.

Next time out, I will utilize John's method for getting the Picks last year.
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                              X