This Weekend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Weekend....

Ok, so I've decided NOT to go to Kipto. Its not a true M&G if I'm the only one there... LOL Is anyone considering going out this weekend. I've heard that Solomons Island is producing some 40"+ Stripes. I heard that they were all in the Channels and DEEP on the bottom. I'm off on Friday afternoon and evening as well, I took off to go the the OC Condo and Kipto so I got time on my hands and a desire to hit the water. The temps for the weekend are gonna be in the 60s and light winds from what I saw on the net.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

I plan to fish the Severn on Saturday targetting Picks.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Our crew of 4 will be at Kipto this weekend. We plan to fish hard for stripers.
      2012 hobie revo, turbo fins sail rudder

Comment

Tom... my anniversary is on friday would you want to cover a shift for me at bass pro... 4-8 pm
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Congratulations on your anniversary!

I'm back to work and will be there Friday night and Sunday morning.

Harry

Comment

I think the waters off Piney Point/St. George's Island down in St. Mary's County contain some nice size stripers- problem for us kayakers is the timing- by the time the tides are right for the bite, the waters get roughed up and bouncy...last trip was really rough at the fifty foot curve on the channels- the winds were south and the tide was outgoing- perfect conditions for lots of chop and swells- the fifty foot depths are about a mile or so off the beach so it is a pretty good 45 minute paddle from the launch- Piney Point is the closest launch to these depths out of a southern Maryland launch for a kayak- PLO is a lot farther paddle and it is twice the distance out of St. Jerome's Creek- there is a launch into the St. Mary's River, but I don't know exactly where or if it is close to Deep Point off St. George's Island. The deepest point in St. Mary's River is in the thirty foot levels- I think that is too shallow for the big Rockfish.
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
            X